III.I

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

I once asked my mother how they were able to teach us a way the Jedi never taught them. How they were able to live on with their lives when the Jedi preached that love was all consuming. A path that would lead someone to the dark side. Her response was simple and told with a soft warm smile.

Because we had each other, and as long as we did, she knew she'd never stray.

That was where my worries stood when it came to Cassian. Living a life fighting within a war meant some of us wouldn't return. Every person that had joined the Rebellion had known that there was a chance that they would die before seeing the end. Tomorrow wasn't promised. It because of what I was I didn't want to risk falling into darkness for an unpromised time in the light. So, there it was decided.

I would not fall in love with Cassian Andor.

Of course, it would have been easy if I was able to avoid him. However, thanks to Luthen, not only was Cassian training me in almost every skill for the rest of the week, but it was also decided that we'd take on the next mission together.

And now I'm stuck on a ship with Cassian. Heading to a moon I've never heard of before to spend at least five days on it with Cassian. And risk my life for a village I've never met....with Cassian. May the Force be with me on this one.

As we entered passed through Paveth's atmosphere, the world outside of the window became something I could only ever dream of. All different shades of greens covered the flat plains below us. Continuing as far as the eye could see. My world only once being surrounded dreary tans and browns, now seeing pretty much a whole new world full of colors. I leaned forward trying to get a closer look as we landed. My eyes lighting up and I could feel a smile grow on my face. The realization that what I've always wanted to do was finally coming true.

I'm finally seeing the galaxy and all its beauty.

"It really is something, seeing a different planet for the first time." Cassian said as the ship steadied onto the ground. However, my eyes were still fixated on the window. Up close even more colors scattered around us from the plants growing within the grass.

"It's everything." I breathed. I turned to Cassian; the smile still plastered on my face. Despite the beauty surround us his eyes were locked on me. My stomach knotted once more, and my heart began to pound. Somehow with the light from the planet's sun cascading through the ships windows made him look absolutely radiant.

Damn it.

I turned my head back, hoping to hide the blush rising on my cheeks. Instead using the beautiful scenery to distract me from my feelings.

Cassian let out a small chuckle before getting up from his seat. "Come on we've got half days walk from here. Plenty of time to look at everything."