XXIV

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

When we all turned a in the tunnel and I was immediately greeted with a strong smell of sulfur. Towards the end the molten river sat flowing in front of us. The hues of red and black feeling like an ominous warning.

"This is the lava river." Greef remarked as he wade his way towards the small metal boat on our side of the river. I scrunched my face as a wave of heat wafted past us. I was thankful I wasn't hiding my face right now. This type of heat would cause me to immediately drown in sweat under it.

"The ferry droid is fried." Din commented as he stared at the droid sitting in the back of the boat. It sat silently with no lights to indicate some sort of life left.

"Yeah, but if we push the boat out we can get it to float down stream." Greef stated, "Come one."

With that he rallied us all towards the boat. Each one of us pushing with all our strength to hopefully get it moving. However, even with all of us the boat barely budged. With a moment of  defeat we all pulled away as Din straightened up, kicking the boat in annoyance. Din turned to me as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you have another idea?" He asked me still feeling annoyed.

"Move out of the way." I sighed as I brought my lightsaber to the side. Igniting it, and revealing the orange hue my crystal held. I flipped the hilt down, making the tip of the saber face towards the hardened molten around the boat. I slammed it down and slowly dragged it across the substance. Small pebbles of rock breaking onto the ground as I did. There was a slight cracking noise as I pulled away. The boat slowly started to shift away before fully breaking away.

"Gods that thing is useful." Cara said under her breath as she and Greef loaded themselves into the boat. Din followed behind before reaching his hand out to help me climb onto it.

"Watch your feet. Its molten lava." IG spoke up as we crowded into the boat before the droid took his place.

"No kidding." Cara and I said in unison. Both of us turning to each other and giving a small chuckle.

We stared out ahead through the dark tunnel, the only light around us being the lava surroundings. I let out a breath as my body began to finally relax, only to tense back up again when a couple of beeps broke the silence. All of us turned quickly, blasters out and ready to attack as the droid we thought was done for began to turn on.

The lava that had encased the droid began to break apart as it slowly stood up on its long legs. Its hands holding onto a large pole. We all stood tensed, waiting to see what the droid would do next. Was it ready to attack us?

"I don't suppose anybody here speaks droid?" Din asked.

"I believe he is asking where we would like to go." IG spoke up simply. The obvious solution coming to us, probably each of us forgetting IG could speak droid. Given he was a droid himself.