XXV

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"You're about to face off with the dark troopers." Gideon said simply as we all looked over at him, "You had your hands full with one. Let's see how you do against a platoon."

"They're headed this way." Bo-Katan said as she and Koska moved their hands around the panels.

Everyone began to move across the room. Din set the child down somewhere safe and hidden, while Cara pushed Gideon to the ground. Keeping him far enough from the fire fight. On the screen in front of me I could see the Dark Troopers marching their way towards the bridge. One, two, three...ten of them. Din and I could barely keep up with two earlier.

Once the blast doors were sealed Koska turned towards us, "They're here."

All of us pulled out our weapons. Standing together ready to fight if they broke through the door. Or when. The doors weren't going to last forever, and we needed to think of a plan fast to get out. Fighting a group of dark troopers was out of the question.

"I hope you're ready for this." Bo-Katan said as she pulled her helmet over her head.

"I fought an Inquisitor...this should be fine." I said unconvincingly as I ignited my lightsaber. Bo-Katan and I turned to each other and I didn't need to see under the helmet to know she had the same panicked look I had. We both nodded and turned back towards the door.

The stomps of the dark troopers stopped at the door. For a second there was silence. Each of us gripped tightly to our weapons, ready for what came next. Immediately the silence was filled with bangs against metal. Watching the entire door shake as the dark troopers tried to break in.

"You have an impressive fire team protecting you. But I think we all know, after a valiant stand, everyone in this room will be dead."

With each word Gideon spoke, the metal of the doors began to curve. Slowly breaking with each hit of the dark troopers. Only a few more hits and they'd break in.

Gideon turned towards Din and I and held a simple glare. "Everyone but me, and the force users."

Bang. Bang. Bang.

The metal began to crack. Creaking with each hit. Forming into a dented mess. I held my breath as I just watched.

But then an alarm sounded once more. All of us turned towards the window behind us. My eyes widened as I stared out into the galaxy. Far in the distance, a single X-Wing flew by.

"An X-Wing." Bo Katan spoke as she walked towards the monitors.

"One X-Wing? Great we're saved." Cara said sarcastically.

My eyes followed the ship until it disappeared from the windows. My legs moved slowly towards the monitor as I watched it land in the landing bay.

Luke?