The Tournament

The entire MacCloud land was filled with campers. Thousands had come to either participate in, or watch the tournament. They were roasting, drinking, dancing, and singing, some were selling their goods, while others were placing bets. It was a grand affair as they all waited eagerly for the events to start. The arena that was about one fourth of a mile from the castle was cleaned and ready to open it's gate's.

Seth who was standing by his window, could not help but feel ill. His guts twisted and turned with regrets! He watched all the activity down below, as last minute details were being taking care of and cursed under his breath. It has been a full week since he last saw her. A full week of pain and suffering. She had vanished from the face of this earth! Every night his heart stopped as he waited breathlessly for her to come back to him, but she had not come.

Taking a deep breath of inhalation, Seth scanned the land surrounding the castle. The Druid had stared out this window every morning and every night hoping to catch a glimpse of the the mistress with no name, but it was as if the earth had opened up and swallowed her, she was nowhere to be seen!

Pain speared through his heart, how was he to know that he would fall in love with a slave! A woman who did not love him, a goddess that belonged to another! He itched to smash another stone wall, he itched to pull out his sword from his waist and stab himself in the heart, he didn't want to live, he wanted to die, because that would have saved him from all the pain that has tortured him the entire week!

"You have done well my friend!" Alexander said from behind him.

Seth whirled around, he hadn't noticed anyone walking into his room. "I'm leaving first thing tomorrow! I shan't stay for the festivities."

Alexander raised an eye brow, "The entire week we will be hosting a celebration in honor of the winner and his bride Kristina! It will be a festive week with drinking and dancing! There will be plenty of woman of your choice, do you want to miss all that?"

Seth looked away, "I have to leave right after the tournament is over, I have bussiness to attend to." He lied, not caring to stay and mayhap run into the woman he loves dancing in the arms of another.

"Suit yourself, but I do expect you to stay at least until tomorrow morning!" Alexander said, before he turned and walked away.

Seth watched him leave his chambers and then dropped his arse on the chair. The pain in his gut was still there, and he clutched the sides of the chair and closed his eyes tight. How was he going to survive another day of this, he thought, he never knew that love could be this painful.

*************

"You must start getting ready my lady, if Alexander decides to visit your chambers, It will not be good for you to show him your tears. He will not be too happy and who knows how he will react! You have spent the entire week locked up in your room and it is not good to stay away from society. I had to give many reasons to Lanie as to why you were not coming out of your chambers, but today she accused me of hiding something from her and she said she will come see for herself why you are Not out and about!" Missy told her. "Come now, get off the bed and get into the tub, I will help you bathe and dress, tis your day today, and by the end of it you will be betrothed to the winner, and let me tell you that I have seen the warriors who will fight for you, and they are a handsome bunch! You're one lucky woman!"

"I will not marry the winner or anyone else! I don't love any of them, how can Alexander expect me to be with someone that I don't care for?" Kristina said, as fresh tears rolled down her lovely face.

Missy looked down at her toes as guilt wrapped around her heart.

Kristina stopped crying and lifted herself off the bed. "What are you hiding from me Missy?" She demanded.