chapter eleven

*ೃ

*ೃ༄

*ೃ

"Come on, Jake." Storm grunted, even with her super strength he was still heavy. Jake groaned as he hunched over Storm, sweat covered his face and body. "I was supposed to be staying over at the trio's tonight, not helping you." She said as she struggled walking towards the Black's front door. "You are so lucky that I love you." She dug into his pockets before unlocking the door and dragging him inside.

"Jake, you're back soon-" Storm looked up to see Billy strolling in on his wheelchair. He looked between her and Jake, his face showed that he already knew what was going on. "Get him into his room."

Storm nodded her head and helped him towards his room. She let out a huff when she rolled Jake off of her and onto his bed. Jake groaned and reached to move take off his shirt, Storm exhaled and helped him take it off.

"I'm thirsty." Jake rasped out, his eyes were squinting at Storm. "It's so hot, Storms."

Storm gave him a sad look, "I know, Jake. I'll go get you a glass of water and wipe then give you a wipe down." She walked out of the room and headed towards the kitchen. It was quiet, all Storm heard was the sound of her getting the ice and filling the glass cup with water from the sink.

"Thank you." A voice broke the silence, Storm paused before turned around to see the man who she considered was an uncle. Billy held no emotion on his face but she could see gratefulness hidden within his eyes. "For helping Jake."

Storm nodded her head with a small smile on her face. "Always." She simply said then walked passed him and back to Jake's room. She handed the cold drink to a now half naked Jake and grabbed the large bowl that had ice cold water and a towel in it.

She sat next to Jake on the bed and rang out the towel before gently wiping Jake's face and body. She stood up when she finished and took the empty glass out of Jake's hand.

Jake watched her walk over to his dresser and set the bowl and cup down. "Stormie?" The curly head girl hummed letting him know that she was listening. 

"Do you know why I'm feeling like this all of a sudden?" He watched as the older girl slowed down her movements causing him to sit up straighter. "You do?"

Storm let out a sigh and turned his way, stuffing her hands in her back pockets. "I think, you should let your father tell you." Right on cue, Billy knocked on the open door. Jake slowly peeled his eyes away from Storm and towards his father who wheeled himself into the room. "I'll give you privacy to talk." Storm looked between the two and began walking towards the door.

"Storm-" Jake started.

"I'll just be in the living room." Storm assured the boy, already knowing what he was about to say. Jake nodded his head, Storm gave him a small smile and walked out the room and headed to the living room.