chapter eighteen

*ೃ

*ೃ༄

*ೃ

It took twelve hours to get back to Forks. After getting away from the Volturi, Storm made Bella sit next to her and Alice on the plane and left the brothers two seats away from them.

When they touched the ground of Forks again, Storm said that her and Bella should get some rest and they'll see them tomorrow. Edward figured that something was a little off with her after seeing and hearing the people -including the kids- back in Italy.

Storm yawned and turned on her side to get her phone to check the time. Her eyes squinted from the brightness of the screen before widening seconds later after seeing the time, 9:47 pm.

"We slept the whole day away." She mumbled, running her hands down her face. Bella's whimpers caught her attention causing her to turn to her and gently rubbed her back and arm. "Bella..."

A whooshing sound was heard, startling Storm and Bella who woke up from the cold hands on her arm. Storm looked up to see her boyfriend and his replica in sitting on the bed.

"Jesus..." She breathed out and narrowed her eyes at them. "There's that one I don't miss." Edward chuckled at her and Alexander held a small smile.

"What are you doing here?" Bella asked in a raspy voice -as she just woke up- getting help from her sister, Alexander gave her a soft look.

Storm looked between the two along with Edward who had a talk with his brother before they arrived at their mates' residence. Storm had a talk with Bella before they went to sleep yesterday. When they walked out of the airport Bella drove with Alexander as she wanted to talk to them while Storm drove with Alice and Edward.

Apparently Bella stood her ground with Alexander -to which pleased Storm- and told him that if he wanted to get back with her then he'll have to work for it. He left her with no explanation and left her with depression for weeks and had her questioning her herself if she was ever good enough for him.

Alexander was shocked from Bella's response but knew that he messed up. "I'm sorry for everything." He told her yesterday. "I promise I'll do better, for you."

Bella furrowed her brows in confusion as she waited for him to answer, "I- we-" He corrected himself when Edward cleared his throat. "Just wanted to check up on you both."

"Yeah, to see if Charlie lashed out on you yet," Edward teasingly added causing Storm to roll her eyes.

"Not yet, dad didn't make his way home yet. Which kind of worries me." She responded, Edward was about to respond but stopped when he heard something from outside then smirked. "What?"

"Charlie's coming." Was his response before him and his brother hid right on time as Charlie opened the door to Bella's room.

"Hey," He walked deeper into the room and sat on the bed. "Are you both okay?"