Chapter 1 {Little raven}

"it's going to hurt a lot, so brace yourself".

That's all she remembered after waking up on a cold rocky floor, presumably the training home she lived in. there was a hot pulsing pain under her shoulder blades, for a split second she forgot the cause of it till she remembered what happed 3 hours ago.

"I can't believe she just left me here unconscious ", Maya thought to herself. she looked around for her silk garment but side in disbelief after seeing it was drenched in what could only be her blood.

"this is better than nothing", she grumbled to herself as she struggled to put the cold wet dress on her body.

she took a glance at her surroundings and knew she was in a cellar of purified water, her spine chilled at the thought of coming to contact with the hazardous liquid .

she stood up wincing in pain as she walked to the door, praying it wasn't locked. it wasn't. she squinted at the lesson taking place outside, she was meant to be attending it. Because it was Maya she knew she wouldn't get off so easy.

"MAYA!", screamed the kids in the back as they saw the dried blood on me . "shush, this is why we don't sin or we'd end up like Maya", giggled Lucinda, a very mouse-looking student who had it out for her.

the whole class giggled at the comment . "you MEAN she is a sin lucy, God made a mistake with her ", yelled a quite sheepish looking boy who seemed to crack up at his own "joke".

"SHUT IT CLASS", yelled miss wesser, who looked drained after cutting off Maya's imperfections and dealing with a class of snotty trainees.

Maya sighed as she walked behind the chairs and up into the designated rooms, she couldn't wear this any longer or shed die of itchiness .

she stripped and looked at herself in the tall mirror facing the door . "if being vain is a sin then why give us a mirror?", she said sarcastically at her refection .

she poked at her unflat soft stomach grimacing at it, "I wonder is being insecure a sin?".

she opened the wardrobe to find a red sun dress, she slipped it on watching as it fell right above her ankles. "this will have to do", she whispered while wetting a washcloth and wiping her face of dried blood.

she watched as the water bowl turned a murky red, already predicting a lecture for Lucinda about hows sees disgusting contaminating the multipurpose water with her blood.

"you ugly little raven"

Maya was startled as Lucinda walked into the room." you think its okay to wear that ?!", I looked at her face with pure confusion.

she groaned "red is an imitation of blood, so you're trying to anger others by wearing it !", she said. I looked at her in disbelief after hearing her made-up laws.

"shut up Lucinda, your nothing but a little girl who acts like she is god himself" I said dunking the blood-coved clothe into the bowel.

"YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE BOWL FOR YOUR BLOOD!!" she shrieked as she came hurtling to me.

"DO IT"

instantly I grabbed her hair and slammed it into the bowl, shattering it to pieces.

Lucinda fell face forward as I quickly let her hair go and all I saw was a pool of blood coming from under her, I could feel my pulse quicken as she twitched.

"do it..".

I kneeled and poked her to see if she woke up, "DO IT", the voice repeated itself, and I lunged forward biting her neck and tearing it apart, "no no no NO NO NO",I Interaly screamed but I couldn't stop.

her warm sour blood filled my mouth as I slowly and painfully ate her alive, "stop it.." gurgled Lucinda while choking on her blood.

there was nothing left of her face and neck. I felt the pieces of her rise up, threatening to escape. I just sat there and watched and her body lay stiff in a pool of flesh and blood.

" I did that, I killed her, I KILLED HER", I started to manically laugh and cry, I wanted to vomit and disappear from this world above.

I crawled to her mutilated body and cradled it, I refused to look at what was left of her face, knowing id lose it.

" it's not my fault, it's all hers" I chanted to myself trying to convince myself that I was in the right. it didn't work but the effort was there.

I stood up while grabbing her arm, moving her across the room. the blood smeared all over the floor. I quietly opened the door and dragged her behind me.

I listen to the thuds her body made as I walked down the small flight of stairs leading to the cellar. "wheres lucy miss?" said a kid.

I stopped in my tracks and looked around to see if anyone was near, "she said she wasn't feeling pure, whatever that means", replied I am guessing was the teacher, I listened as the students giggled and continued with their lesson.

I sighed and walked to the back cellar door which wasn't in sight of any classrooms. I kicked the door open and threw what was left of her down the steps, hearing a crunch as her body made contact with the rocky floor. the sound of her body echoed enough for a sinking feeling to consume me.

I walked back to my room with a bucket of hot water, planning to clean up the mess she made. she just hoped no one would disturb and catch me redhanded .

" God loves me, God loves me" she whispered while getting down on her knees with a soaked rag scrubbing the wooden floor.

she watched as the bloody mess get clear and diluted as the wet rag made contact with it. she smiled and squeezed the rag into the bucket knowing this chore wouldn't take that long to finish.

"What on earth are u doing Maya?".