chapter 21 {Absolute destruction}

I couldn't drown out the screams of the staff. everyone stood in linnys room , i felt my heart drop as the metallic smell filled my nose. blood .

the room was cold and sobs filled the walls , i didn't want to come to terms with this. she was dead , by her positioning made it look like suicide . what was her reason , this was too much . even for her.

no one dared to touch the body , i understood why. i walked out of the room feeling nothing but guilt. i didn't want to admit it but i fully understood her death was my fault.

if i was nicer about her betrayal she would of lived , but no . i lost control and said everything i should of kept to myself. the disappointing thing is that i meant every word i said.

my only fault was being truthful . she was too weak to handle the repercussions of her actions. i ignored the cry's of younger staff as they ran past me to see the corpse . morbid really.

i walked into my fathers study and closed the door behind me . i needed a minute to myself, this was cruel . first dame and now linny , both because of me . i had to be cursed , if not then why did death follow everywhere i went.

i could help but think about atlas's reaction to this , i would expect him to be sad . he never got close with linny , i suspected it was because of me . maybe he thought id get jealous .

"MAYA OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!". i jolted away from the door as atlas kicked it down. for the first time in a while i felt fear. His eyes carved into my soul as he took a step forward. i took a step back in fear , there was something wrong with atlas . he didn't radiate the hopeful energy he usually dose . his energy was deafening .

"what did you DO TO HER?!", i fell back to the floor as he towered over me. i felt a tear slide down my face.

"I didn't kill her, i saw her body too", i stated hoping my voice wasn't wavering to him . he couldn't possibly think i killed her .

"Her throat was stabbed Maya , how can she kill herself like that?", he growled . He didn't believe me .

"WHY DO YOU THINK I KILLED HER?!", i yelled at him , i failed at hiding my fear .

"You have a motive" he whispered . i could hear the pain in his voice, his anger was being suppressed. Didn't he care for me?

"You think i have a motive , all i did was confront her . i didn't lay a finger on her atlas" I pulled myself up . He had no right to try and intimidate me.

"What did i do to you atlas ? what did i do that made you think i killed her?". I took a step forward so there wasn't much between us . He looked at me , eyes filled with hate and desire. he grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me closer.

"Its not what you did grey , its what you're capable of". His hot breath caressed my neck , i felt my knees weaken at his words.

"The things you're capable of grey , absolute destruction". my eyes widened at his statement . I pushed myself closer to him and grabbed his shirt. He gasped as i pulled his face to mine.

"you have no idea what im capable of atlas , isn't that why you want me?"i teased , I was not going to let him think that he can say things without repercussions.

he smirked , "I'm not compelled to you grey , its more like addicted". my stomach churned at these words.

I pushed him away as he tried to make a move. linny died and i was not going to do this now. he sighed after fixing his shirt . atlas was a force to be feared , you'd be considered a fool to underestimate him .

I ran past him and stormed out of the room , it was all to much . i ran back to linnys room just to see maids clean up her blood , her body was gone . i pushed past them and ran into her bathroom. no body

I ran into the closet and tensed up as there was no body .

"WHERES HER BODY?!" , i needed to see her one last time . it was my fault she was gone and no matter how much excuses there are I'm at fault.

The youngest maid stood up and frowned . "lord makye had her body taken to the cemetery" she said , quickly returning to her task. without taking a breath , i ran out of the gloomy room.

The halls were empty and quiet as i ran to my fathers room . I couldn't explain why i was feeling like this , it has to be guilt right?

Every set of actions has some sort of repercussions . linnys death my at my hands , my words led to her lonely end.

I pushed open the dark oak door , just to see the man i call my father meditating.

"What are you going to do to linnys body?", i choked out. he cracked his neck and turned to me.

"I plan on burying her in a grave Maya, what else do you think id do ?", his words were covered in sarcasm , this just prodded my anger even more.

"Can i see her before she's buried?" i mumbled , i hated asking for things especially from this man.

"Don't worry Maya , just like dame she will visit you".