chapter 29 {salt}

I woke up to the loud and aggressive knocks on my door.

I groggily looked over my shoulder to see ambrose still sleeping. I sighed as I picked up my clothes and threw them on before opening the door.

as I grabbed the cold handle, my stomach dropped. I quietly moved back to the bed and shook ambrose awake.

before he could say anything I covered his mouth with my hand. Directing him to be quiet. "there's someone at the door, don't open it ambrose I have a bad feeling".

he looked at the door and back at me. I picked up his pants and handed them to him. while he put them on, I stared at the door. The knocks were only getting louder and louder.

I bit my lip and I watched ambrose grab the handle. I had to hold back a gasp as I saw white, glowing lines appear on his back. Trailing to his arms.

Held my breath as he pulled the door off its hinges, Reveling the body of amelia, Bloodied and laying on the floor.

"what do we have here?".

I lifted my gaze to the dead woman. Standing there in mat black armour was an atlas.

The bags under his eyes showed his lack of sleep. I took a step forward as he drew his sword. "why are you here atlas?".

"come on grey don't act dumb". I winced at the bitter nickname. I couldn't let myself fall for him again, after lins death I saw his true colours.

"you have broken onto ancient grounds".

I frowned as ambrose lost all emotion on his face, leaving stone like canvas. horror spread on atlas's face as he pointed his sword at ambrose.

"What do you think you're doing atlas? leave!". he chuckled and walked into the room, ignoring the corpse behind him.

"really grey, your fucking a dragonkin?!". I furrowed my brows at this but shrugged it off.

"what do you want?!".

"YOU! JUST LEAVING IS UNACCEPTABLE!".

I held back a laugh. As if he could control me.

"Listen here, you are a crazy bastard who blamed me for lins death. the castle had nothing to offer me so I LEFT!".

he plastered on a smirk, a tiny part of me fluttered at that.

"didn't you kill dame? of course ill think you killed Linny. Even if it was proven to be a suicide".

I could hear my heart drop as he exposed me. I turned to ambrose to see his reaction, He just smiled.

"I know you weak air demons are scared of dragonkin so I'm telling you to fuck off".

Atlas coughed out a manic laugh and I backed away with disgust. He wiped away a fake tear and walked in between me and ambrose. Sword still in hand.

"I'm not scared of anyone".

I expected him to charge at ambrose but we came after me. I dodged the first attack only gaining a scratch from the sword. I eyed ambrose walk close, Trying to get involved.

"Stop! ill deal with him".

I heard him sigh with approval as I ran to the charging brunette. there wasn't much space in the room so I leapt onto the bed. Taking the chance to jump onto atlas's back.

He cried out in pain and I bit down on his neck. I flinched and he threw me off him and onto the floor under him.

I slid myself through his legs as he stabbed the ground, Where my body just was. I kneeled and pounced on him once again.

This time locking my legs around his neck and threw him over me as I pulled us both to the floor. "You bitch, just stay still!".

I lunged at him as he pulled out his sword, nicking my shoulder.

" Keep the sensation at bay".

I smiled as I remembered my lesson from the day before. I stood still as atlas came charging at me. rocks were one thing but, a person was a whole different thing.

I raised my hand and didn't keep the numb tingling at bay. I felt it seep through as the atlas came to close.

"NO MAYA, YOU DO HAVE CONTROL!". I gnomes Ambrose's warning and took a step forward. Just as before I was blown back, Brutally being slammed against the brick wall.

I looked up, Seeing an atlas laying on the floor. Blood covered his face.

In a panic I looked around for ambrose, I felt the fear rise and he stood there in the dust.

Perfectly still.

My eyes shone with fascination as I took in the ethereal-looking boy.

His skin was glowing. He stood there shirtless as multiple glowing white lines covered his body and face.

I couldn't move. I watched closely as he exhaled powerfully, clearing the dust in front of him.

"am-AMBROSE!". I stumbled up, needed to see if he was okay. As I grabbed his arm, the glowing lins disappeared.

He didn't speak. His eyes rolled to the back of his head. I cried out in panic as ambrose fell to the floor, Unconscious.

I lightly tapped his face, trying to wake him up. He was out cold.

I looked over at the brown-haired boy, who seemed to have woken up.

"your father will be pleased to hear about your new ability".

His grin was sickening, it was like salt in a wound. All I wanted to do was slap it off his face.

I didn't move as he walked over and grabbed my throat. I felt disgusted by his hot breath. "you hurt me, princess". I frowned at the formal title.

I never saw myself as a princess, nor will I ever. he tightened his grip but I lifted my chin, making the grasp more comfortable.

I felt my mouth tug into a smirk. "there's no reason for that smirk, Grey".

With my free hand, I quietly let the water cover it. becoming a cold solid icicle.

I used my untouched hand to pull him closer to me. He smiled at this, letting his ego have the upper hand. Thinking I was back to fawning over him.

"don't forget".

he sighed into my face, his breath sour but sweet. It was repulsive. "forget what, grey?".

"that I hurt you atlas". I grunted in rage as I thrust the weapon into his damaged armour.

His eyes widened as I pulled out the makeshift dagger, Letting blood flow out and on the floor.

I slapped off his weakened grasp as he fell to the floor. "and ill hurt you again and again".

He wiped the blood off his mouth and chuckled. "you'll have many more chances to come, darling, Im not an easy kill".

I lifted the icicle and ran to finish the job. Holding back screams of rage as he vanished into a black mist. Leaving his sour scent in the air.

I let go of the icicle fused to my hand and ran over to ambrose. I placed my head on his chest in relief as I heard his heavy breaths.

I dragged his body back to the bed and pulled the covers over him. I turned to face the bloody mess left by atlas not long ago.

I groaned as I walked out of the room, Searching for a bucket and clothes.