Chapter 4 {Burning soul}

I stared at the clearing, feeling the intense anger coming from them.

I felt the panic rise in my chest. I looked around for a way out, but there was only a small group of trees to her left. I could run there and lose them.

I looked back at them noticing them walking forward, I ran. I heard the yells of the group rise as I ran.

" DON'T LET HER ESCAPE YOU!" a man yelled, suddenly I heard the footsteps of people chasing me

. " oh lord please spare me from their torture", I pleaded, hoping my lord would continue to protect me. Then I stopped in my tracks.

God doesn't love me. Why would god love the child of his mistake, god wouldn't protect me. He had something against me.

No, the lady is a liar.

I took a deep breath and turned around, facing the men as they charged toward me.

I ran in their direction, and all I saw was red.

The first man ran to me and grabbed my arm, lifting me into the air.

I grabbed his neck and bit him as hard as I could. He screamed in pain letting me go as he fell to the ground crying in pain.

I dodged 2 other men who followed close behind me.

A group of three jumped on me and I clawed at their faces, one of the men rolled over clutching his face " MY EYE !" He wailed.

I kicked my legs into the men on top of me attempting to injure them but it was no use.

I felt more men jump onto me, adding more weight so I couldn't move.

" LET ME GO, LET ME GO NOW!" I screamed, I was no use.

I was caught, I layer still as my chest tightened to the weight on top of me.

" off her men, she can't run anymore," said a male voice, who I presumed to be their boss.

I gasped for air as the men got off me, I lifted my head but I stopped.

The boss draw out a sword and it was under my chin. One wrong move and I was dead.

" young lady, you WILL come with us and you WILL follow orders or you will be killed," he said, venom dripping off every word.

" what are you going to do to me?" I said trying to sound untouchable but you could hear the fear in my words.

The man smiled an evil smile, " you WILL be purified, we will rid your soul of the large evil growing in you" he said removing his sword.

Two men grabbed me and restrained me with chains. I was going to be bathed in purified water.

I couldn't let that happen, I would die.

--------

we reached a large building, that looked nothing out of the ordinary, the man lifted his hand to the door and stood there as it opened.

The men holding me walked forward and threw me into the door. My head banged onto the cold marble floor, I could move because of my lovely restraints.

I groaned as the throbbing pain made its way to my head. " leave us, we shall commence in 2 hours to clean her stained soul", he said.

All the men left him and me alone and the anxiety of being alone with him was eating me alive.

" you shall be whipped, so the purified water shall enter you, the pain you feel now will only increase," he said with a sickening smile.

" I will END you!" I yelled, trying to move but it was no use.

The man walked up to me and grabbed the chain. He pulled me and I groaned as my skin skidded across the harsh floor.

The pain was quickly over as I noticed him stopping at a metal door. It gave off dark grim energy.

He opened the door and as the others did, she threw me in. The landing didn't hurt, since to my surprise, the floor was a soft carpet.

He walked to me and ripped off my chains, I tried to bolt to the door but he sharply pulled me back by my hair and threw me down.

He sat on top of me and ripped off my shirt. " NO DO TOUCH ME, YOU BASTARD!" I screamed kicking at him, I hoped he wouldn't do what it seemed he was doing.

He kicked my stomach " why on earth would I do that to an undesirable devil, you DISGUSTING ANIMAL!" He yelled spitting on me.

He grabbed my ankles and I felt the panic rise in my chest.

He pulled down my pants leaving me bare. I crouched into the fetal position and started to cry.

I saw the man open a wooden crate and bring out a whip, it looked new.

I tried to crawl but fell to the ground as the first strike hit me.

It was a burning pain.

I put my hands on my back as I felt my old wounds reopen. He just kept whipping me.

" NO STOP PLEASE!" I cried, the adrenaline running out.

----

It felt like an eternity till my captor stopped. He threw the whip at my face and kneeled.

" Now you shall be cleansed," he said with a stone-like face.

I closed my eyes and felt the tears stream down my face.

The man opened the door and 5 men came in holding a cage.

A CAGE.

I looked started but because of the pain, I couldn't move. the men grabbed me roughly and threw me in and locked the door.

The men carried me in the cage out of the room, they didn't walk far.

The was a clearing full of gold-lined pillars and in the middle of the room was a tub Of water, I knew what was going to happen.

"Let me out, you can't do this to me!" I cried, tugging at the metal bars but they didn't budge.

The men walked up to the tub and a man in a prayer dress stood there. " in the name of our humble lord, we WILL cleanse this creature of the evils residing in its soul!" He prayed to throw his hands into the air.

He called me an "it".

The men didn't take me out of the cage as they lifted the cage over the water.

" NO, TAKE ME OUT, ILL DIE!" I cried as they submerged the cage.

I felt the water burn my skin like a wildfire, I screamed in pain but it was muffled by the water.

They lifted me" in the name of the lord AGAIN," he said gesturing to submerge me.

It was unbearable, I was collided over with the pain. I lay in the cage as if I was being drowned, there was no hope.

I felt my skin peel off and the blood mixed with the water.

I gasped for air as they lifted me again " IN THE NAME OF THE LORD AGAIN!" He repeated.

" NO PLEASE!" I said being cut off by the water.

I was going to die, I couldn't breathe I felt my skin peel off my face and legs.

I watched as clumps of my hair detach themselves from my scalp. I couldn't do it.

I felt myself going in and out of consciousness, I stared at the top of my cage as my vision faded. I felt the water burn in my lungs

. It was the end for me, no revenge no satisfying ending. Just cold lonely death.

" DO IT".