Chapter 24 {trust}

I had no say in the matter.

All I could do with any free will was join in with Ambrose's groans of frustration.

The old woman seemed to be getting a rise out of reactions. How would you feel if you had to be trained by a vermin?

"Maya honey, I need you to train after breakfast, he's a wonderful trainer. Right Ambrose dear?". I looked at Ambrose as he was forced to nod in agreement.

I couldn't help but snicker at this.

" your wings should grow back soon, don't worry I won't chop them off like the others". This woman had to be a mind reader or something.

She knew way too much. I looked at Ambrose but it seemed he was used to her doing 'this'.

I sighed quietly and continued to eat the bland oatmeal.

----
"Pick it up, then throw it at me".

I looked at the huge rock that Ambrose pointed towards. Did he want to die young?

I shrugged and lifted it, it was heavy but I managed. I walked a bit farther from him, and bring the rock above my chest.

I tensed my arms as I threw the rock with all my strength. Heavens he was going to get hurt.

In a quick matter, Ambrose lifted his left arm to collide with the flying rock. Before it could even touch him, the rock blew up into thousands of pieces.

I looked down at the rock, then back at the crazy man. I kneeled and picked up a piece of debris from the ground. Just to see if it wasn't an illusion.

" That's is what you have to learn, air manipulation". He spoke like it was the easiest thing ever. I rolled my eyes.

" you have already awoken your other elemental powers, once you awaken air then we will focus on physical combat". He walked around me in circles, as if I was a wounded animal.

" once that has been mastered, then we shall master your elements, but right now the most important thing is physical combat". I felt the need to slowly nod at his words.

" Are you a cursed blood too? Since you just showed me air manipulation". He raised a single eyebrow at this and smiled.

He walked right up to me, close enough that I could feel his body emitting warmth. " I am something much worse, 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈".

I leaned back, adjusting the distance between us. He smirked and walked back to his position.

" I now will throw a rock at you, if you get hurt then that is on you". I stumbled backwards as he grabbed a rock, ten times bigger than before.

I took a stance, bones shaking. He threw the rock at me with such force, that it hit me in the stomach and sent me flying into a tree behind me.

I groaned and cradle my stomach. He raised an eyebrow.

It was becoming a habit.

" That's is what happens when you are unprepared, focus . Imagine you hardening the air around you. use the hardened force as a shield ". he brought his hand out, levelling it with my head.

I closed my eyes waiting for the impact. it never came.

a light breeze kissed the mark on my head, what type of demonstration was this?

it was so, so intimate. his gaze stayed on my mark, I looked at him. his expression seemed soft in a way.

he looked down, locking eye contact with me. it was silent, yet it was as if he was saying everything I wanted to hear.