Chapter 32 {earth}

I shut my eyes quickly after witnessing the beautiful wings.

I prayed that Ambrose hadn't noticed. I kept my grasp on his neck tight. Trying to wipe the possibility of falling to my death.

I could hear his heart beat quicken. I felt a pit in my stomach, telling me we were getting higher into the colourful sky.

It was something I've never seen, colours in harmony like that. The red bleeding into the orange creating a colour too beautiful to describe.

" are you okay" I couldn't not ask him. It didn't reply straight away. His breathing became harsh as the wind became more abrasive.

"I'm fine".

I didn't know if he was being honest. I could hear his struggle as the wind threatened to rip me off him and let me fall to a painful death.

" the wind- it's getting harsh Ambrose". I started to panic as one of his own hands grabbed mine. A security measure.

" i know maya, we'll be fine". I wanted to believe him, but I wasn't sure.

"Ambrose, we need to hurry".

" I know".

I couldn't hold back the scream of fear as the wind took one last hit, throwing me off Ambrose.

It wasn't like the fall when I was with dame. Lithe wind muted my screams.

I let my eyes open as I witnessed the sky, dark as night. The beautiful colours hidden by gloomy clouds.

I tried to grab onto something, anything to prevent my death. In the sky there was nothing but the brutal wind.

"Maya! I'm coming!". I couldn't see Ambrose but I could still hear him under the wind.

I closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the ground. This was it, after everything this was how I would die.

Pitiful really. I cried in relief as I saw Ambrose fly down and grab me by the waist. Keeping me in his arms as he flew down to the ground.

" maya-maya im so sorry". He cried into my shirt, I felt a wave of guilt. I knew I had nothing to feel guilty about.

" Ambrose, where are we?".

He lifted his head and looked in shock of the grassy clearing.

He let me go as he stumbled to his feet. I could see the panic in his face.

" the wind- how is this possible?". He stood still as I watched his wings retract into his back. I winced at the sound of bones breaking.

" Ambrose! Where are we?!". I could hide the panic and fear in my voice.

" maya I have no idea how we got here, it not possible- it makes no sense".

" what makes no sense!". I brought myself onto my feet and walked towards him.

"Maya, I think we're on earth".

My mouth fell open at the words. Didn't we have to go through the isles before coming here?

" we didn't make it into the isle though!". He looked at me and bit his lip in frustration. I could tell he was unsure as well.

" I think there was a rift in the entrance to the isles, it makes sense of the storm maya".

" what? How dose that make sense Ambrose?!". I was freaking out. I don't know why I was freaking out but I knew to trust my emotions.

"Shit! The SOBG! They must of closed it off, the rise of cursed blood children must of made them do this!".

" what! How do you know about the SOBG?!".

" every fucking person in the demon realm know about them maya!".

I fell to my knees and grasped my hair. I couldnt hold in my anxiety. I cried into my knees as Ambrose came to me and held my close.

" maya it's okay, this saves us time".

It wasn't about earth or time. It was about linny, this is her home, knowing that branch back so much emotions.

" it's because of linny, I can't handle what I did to her- Ambrose she grew up here on earth".

He didn't say anything but hold my tight in his arms. He placed small kisses on my head. An attempt to try and calm my nerves.

He lifted me onto my feet. " we'll start walking this ways, there should be a village or town of any sort".

I nodded and held onto his arm as we walked. Skies still mad at us. I shuddered as a breeze tickled my neck.

" are you cold-take my jumper". I shook my head and held tightly onto him. Fear of this unknown place.

"Maya take the jumper, I have unnatural body heat- I'll be fine".

" I'm not cold". He smiled and broke the grasp to take of his jumper. Before I could say anything he placed it on me.

I sighed and put my arms through the sleeves. He smiled at his and held my hand.

We continued walking through the now tall grass. " what the difference between earth and the realms ?".

He sighed at the question, pausing to think.

" in a sense their the opposite of us. Powerless but they have these things, electronic devices their called".

I tilted my head to the information. " what do the devices do?".

" I actually don't know. I've only been told briefly about them".

I wasn't really interested about the devices, I felt the silence would cause my nerves to collapse.

We stopped walking after a while. My calves were on fire but the sight of small houses made me shrug of the pain.

"Ambrose, their going to know we aren't like them".

He looked down at me, I forgot about the height difference.

" there's a chance we'll manage maya".

I looked at the houses in the distance. There was so much light. Poles sticking out of the ground with light coming out of them.

We walked edge of the clearing, contemplating our next move.

I bit my lip, anxious of the people living here. I felt Ambrose's grasp around my waist tighten as me walked out of the clearing, into the bright streets.

It was unusual. The way the houses were was so unusual, each house was nearly identical. Front entrance of each house green, mirroring the next one.

" maya we'll be fine, anyway if anything happens they would be pretty scared of you".

I chuckled at his remark.

" me? Why me?". He smirked and patted my back.

" your pretty scary maya, not going to lie".

" woah, I'm scary?" I could help but let the sarcasm drip of every word.

" in a serious note, we can't mention where we came from".

I tilted my head to look at him, not holding back my smirk.

"Do you think there people like us?".

" I'm not sure, maybe?".

I looked into his captivating amber eyes, a beautiful contrast with his brown skin and white hair.

I could get over how ethereal looking he was.

He looked down at me, noticing my gaze. He leaned down and pressed his lips onto mine.

I kissed back harsher, needing him on me. He left me always wanting more, no matter how much he gave. My body would never have enough of him.

" what the actual fuck? JAMIE THERES PEOPLE MAKING OUT NEAR THE CLEARING".