Chapter 19{drowning in emotions }

Linnys pov:

I wasn't hungry anymore, I want to blame it on father for hating me but i know it's from the guilt eating me alive. I haven't left my room since maya woke up 2 days ago. I had no reason too.

I knew that maya was aware of what me and father did because she hasn't checked up on me once. I had no right to feel lonely, I'm doing this to myself.

I made everyone hate me again. I knew it was all too good to be true, it's not like I'd ever have a family that loves me. My own father sees me as a weapon, but I know how much he cares for maya. That's why I don't hate him.

I want to talk to her, even though she knows . I want to still confess to her and beg her to not hate me. I rolled onto my back just to be face to face with the plain ivory ceiling.

I want to leave and be with Arthur. Dose that make me a coward? I want to leave these human emotions behind and just feel nothing.

"God please take me now" I whispered. A betrayal to my father . I didn't care, I just wanted to be free of this soul eating guilt.

I pulled the cover over my face , depriving myself of light. I crumpled into a small ball just to let everything out.

---
Atlas's pov:

Linny hasn't left her room. I don't blame her , she would have to face her actions. I felt bad for her , she's so young . I wouldn't know how maya would deal with it.

Maya became distant again, she hasn't been ignoring me . She's in her mind all the time, I expect this to happen. I've noticed maya doesn't do well in high stress situations. I can't blame her.

The castle was in havoc . Makye was training new recruits to join his army. He pushed maya into it as well, I had the option of doing things myself since I was apart of the high guard already .

I wish I wasn't , I'm all alone to think. I want to run and embrace maya but I don't want to seem pushy. I know how she feels for me , I heard her say it. What if she only said it because she woke up .

What if she wasn't in the right mindset.

" makye needs you to train recruits #411 ,#445 and #237" said haze . I looked up from my book and locked eyes with him.

Haze showed no emotions for his sisters. I didn't even know if they were aware they had a brother. I sighed " put them in kades group, I don't have time" I declined.

" too busy being depressed over my sister? Get a life" he snapped . Haze was very unpleasant most of the time but I've seen his soft side before. For dame he was caring and loving.

" that is not the reason, it's also none of your business" I sneered back at him. He rolled his eyes and scoffed, I raised my eyebrow at his attitude.

" your just sad she hasn't fucked you yet huh?" He spat . Haze was disgusting, in frowned at him. This man was 22 and here he was acting like some prepubescent boy.

" it's sad you know? That they don't know your their fucking brother" I said to him , he looked disgusted .

" I don't need life advice from you, what makes you a life coach? Go get fucked!" He yelled , getting up and throwing his chair to the ground. I rolled my eyes at him.

" sensitive much" I sneered , smirking at his immaturity. He looked at me intensely.

"No wonder your father did what he did" he spat . I felt my heart drop . I closed my book and put it on the table.

I walked over to him and punched his face. He fell to the ground with a murderous look on his face.

"I don't care who you are haze but do that shit again and I will fuck you up" i yelled . I didn't have time to hear what he had to say .

I left the room feeling more pissed then before. I didn't realise were I was going until I stopped myself at mayas door.

I could feel my heart slamming against my chest. What reason did I have to go in there? Would she even want me there?

I opened the door to see maya punching a brick punching bag . I was scared, I walked over too her and noticed her knuckles were bleeding.

" oh , atlas did you need something?" She asked , falling out of a trance. I looked at her , what was I meant to say?

" your knuckles are bleeding" I pointed out, diverting from her question. She looked at her hand and pulled a grim expression.

" I didn't notice, I'll tend to it later" she said , ignoring me and continued to punch the bag. I pulled her hands away .

" take a break" I begged her , I just wanted someone to talk too.

" why ?"She asked .

" because I miss you" I said quietly.

" oh , was I avoiding you again?" She asked looking guilty.

" no , just want to talk"I replied, feeling completely stupid.

" did something happen?" She said with concern.

" maya you have a brother" I revealed, I felt weird calling her by her actual name.

" um" She said looking awkward

" your brother, it's haze" I stated.

" I know" she said with a sigh.

I looked at her in shock, she knew?

I made her way to her bed and threw herself on it. I looked away as her tank top quickly revealed too much.

She fixed her shirt and groaned. I looked at her but she didn't meet my gaze.

" I don't care about haze , I honestly don't mind acting like I don't know him" she confessed. I smiled awkwardly not knowing how to react.

" he was close to dame so I decided not to rip open his wounds by getting close to him" she muttered.

" what's dame got to do with this?" I asked confused.

She frowned and met me gaze. " you don't know?" She questioned. I looked at her , trying to read her expression.

" I killed her atlas" she said sighing. I could read the huge amount of guilt written across her face.

She killed dame? That's why haze hates her, but why would she kill the person who saved her?

"Why would you do that maya" I pressed.

" father told me too, I was meant to prove my worth" she said , rolling onto her stomach. I wasn't used to her wearing normal clothes , I was used her nun like sense of style.

" that instigating ass" I whispered, I felt uncomfortable about this whole situation and by the hurt look on mayas face I knew she could tell.

" maya it's okay , your father is know for manipulation" I said trying to ease her mood.

" don't call me that" she whispered.

" what did I call you maya?" I asked really confused.

She frowned again. " stop calling me maya, what happened to grey?" She whispered. Burying her face into her bed.

I pressed my lips tightly together. I didn't know what to say . I thought she hated it when I called her grey .

" I'm sorry, I didn't know you liked that nickname" I said trying to make her feel better.

" you really don't know me do you?She said lifting her face .

I felt my body tense up. What was she saying?

" I do know you , it's just that these last few days has been draining me" I confessed, I sat quietly on her bed.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel like this" I whispered. I pulled her into a hug.

She leaned against my chest , she remained silent. I felt her arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer.

I need to know what's going on in her mind.

--------
Maya is such an annoying character. I've never been so irritated by a fictional character I created.