Chapter 16 {regret and fear}

[Linnys pov]

It's been 3 days and maya was still out cold. I felt uncomfortable in the medical room. It was too quiet, all I heard was my mind yelling at me for doing this.

I brought my knees to my chest. I didn't even realise how loud my sobs were. If I knew I'd feel like shit , I would of told father to fuck off.

They were right. All I do is cause destruction, there's no such thing as hope for someone like me.

" it will help you and maya grow".

I looked over at mayas still body, is this what he meant by growth? She saved me , she put me first. No one's ever done that , why would anyone.

Atlas was a total wreck. Just by how he's acting, he proving how much he loves her.

Stupid maya. Why can't you fully embrace him, you only get one chance.

I looked down at my wrist, the red string remained attached. It was severed and the end laid hopelessly on the floor.

" I miss you Arthur" I whispered.

" it's okay lin , you'll be okay . We'll run away together" he said caressing my face.

" but I hurt you, your bleeding so much . ARTHUR IT WONT STOP BLEEDING!" I wailed , his body in my arms.

" I don't care , In this life of the next we will find each other" he whispered.

I watched in fear as he coughed up blood . I put pressure on his wound. The wound I gave him.

" lin I love you , I love you so much" he cried . His tears rolled down his bloodied face .

" NO YOU CANT DIE , PLEASE ARTHUR DONT GO!" I screamed, I was hysterical.

He smiled .
I cried.

" Arthur, ARTHUR WAKE UP!" I wailed , shaking his lifeless body.

We were so young.

I pulled him to my chest . I couldn't stop , I lost the only person who loved me.

---
Reality hit me as atlas walked in.

I quickly wiped my tears away. " how are you doing atlas?" I asked , truly concerned for him.

He looked pale.

" the best I can possibly be" he said coldly. He grabbed mayas hand . The way he looked at her , so much bottled up love , ready to explode.

He wasn't making his normal jokes anymore. He was like a hollow shell . I prayed that maya would wake up soon and fish us out of this nightmare I created.

Father was worried. The fact that makye himself was worried dug a grave full of fear and panic for everyone.

He refused to talk to me . The guilt was eating us alive, why did I listen to that asshole.

" have you eaten Arthur?" I asked . I froze as the words came out of my mouth . Atlas looked at me like I was crazy.

" who's Arthur?" He asked trying to pry me open. I shook my head and looked away.

" no one , I meant to ask if you've eaten?" I said awkwardly. He sighed and sat on the edge of mayas bed.

" ever since this , I haven't been able to eat."he said . The words were cold and brutal.

He knew . That's why he was so distant from me. I felt like puking . The anxiety was overwhelming.

I ran out of the room.