Shadow of Japan

What a night. The Midoriya kid still hasn't left his mind and that trail of blood leading out of the kids home isn't helping the worry that had begun to swell up in his gut. Something is wrong about the entire thing. Everything is just seeming a little too easy.

Like... why show your face if you are the well renowned analyst "Code" and the literal "Shadow of Japan"? Even if it was for UA, it doesn't make sense. And to add insult to injury, his mom somehow let him participate in such dangerous activity.

Aizawa just cannot wrap his head around the ideas that keep coming to his mind. And in the middle of his patrol, that is a dangerous thing indeed.

Something that wielded a whistle like sound rushed past him and left a crater in the concrete building. Tight wire also pulled the object back and narrowly missed the erasure of quirks.

Pivoting around, Aizawa ended up closer to the ledge than he would be comfortable with but upon realization of who threw the object; Aizawa's blood ran cold again.

Aizawa held back the urge to speak with the vigilante. He's still sour about their last interaction and his rage is near at its boiling point and so is his patience. The kid's just about outstayed their welcome and the newfound attitude hasn't helped the whole persona Doku has decided to create.

Aizawa will give the kid credit for one thing: they're is full of fucking bullshit.

Rhythmic ticking filled in the silence but the muttering that accompanied it was near nostalgic. What the hell are they going on about? The constant muttering was always annoying, but he learned to decipher it. Now it's nothing but an incoherent sludge that sounds like a drunk ramble.

Doku looked to nearly be vibrating and even swayed back and forth. They looked limp. Aizawa felt that numb kind of chill come back to him when his chest tightened at the pity he felt for the kid. Whatever they are going through at that moment is overshadowing everything.

"Last time I'll make this offer to you, come with me and hang up the costume or end up in jail alongside all the other vigilantes." Adding a caring undertone to his voice, Aizawa hoped that he could even get a word out of the kid before he would be forced to take action.

He'll admit it, he misses having the kid around. They were fun and brought something into an empty time in his life. But whatever they are now isn't something that can fill the void, but rather it's the kind of thing that creates it.

"If you want to fight... then let's just get it over with, Erasurehead" The first words the kids spoken to him in years had to be those ones, huh? Aizawa scowled at them and activated his quirk: red illuminating the shadows of his scarf as it too defied gravity. He still put on that voice changer that switched it every time. Do they think it is some kind of game?

Both shifted their feet with rocks grinding underneath them and they got into their stances: Aizawa's sharp and on point while Doku's was non traditional and unorthodox. 

Baton dangling by wire that they held, Doku took in a deep breath and closed their eyes while they simply paused and listened to the calm night. No vehicles, no chatter, no crime or anything.

Right at this moment, they can't think of Erasure as anything more than an obstacle or enemy. Maybe one day they can be forgiven for the crimes and mistakes they've committed. But not now... not when everything is looking like a nightmare....without a clear idea if that mass murder down at the station was even done by them... the memories are just so fuzzy.

Moving their fingers slightly, the baton on a string moved in a pendulum motion and creaked at the movement. Flakes of rust flying off it continued.

Neither made a move in anticipation of the other. If either one of them screwed up even the slightest swing, then the other would win. 

One giant gust of wind sent a few of the rocks flying as moved their clothes. Panic set in as Doku felt their hood fly off. Pulling it back on, the damage had been done as Aizawa wrapped the cloth around one of Doku's wrists and pulled him forwards.

"Oh crap" They couldn't help but yelp out and they were thrust towards the hero. Twisting so that they was balancing on their heel, Doku flipped into the air and used the scarf to launch themselves at Erasure and swing their foot right into his chest.

With the hero knocked off balance and already at the edge of the building, they planted both of their feet onto his chest and pushed him off with dusty boot prints left.

The hood of their bunnyhug was flapping wildly as they continued fighting the man who had the wind knocked out of him. Throwing the baton at Erasure: wire wrapped around his leg and he was pulled forwards. The metal began to pernitrate the skin and he groaned as spikes inserted themselves into his flesh.

Doku has definitely gotten more cruel with their inventions, that's for sure. But it isn't the spikes that concern Erasure, it's what's inside of them that does.

Wrapping his scarf around Doku's head, he hit it dead on and heard a crack and a gasp. Doku grabbed the back of Erasures head and brought it down full force onto their knee.

Both released their weapons and jumped back, near their starting places. As short lived as the collision was, the damage was significant. Both were breathing heavily and took a moment to filter what happened. 

A sharp pain pierced his leg and he fell onto one knee, his other one tingling and felt like it was fizzing.

"Don't worry, it won't kill you. But it won't be painless either" With Doku walking forwards, Erasure could do nothing but wait as his body began to fail him. Sweat began to bead down his skin profoundly and his vision got blurry. His nerves felt like they were on fire and it felt like his insides were getting twisted like a tourniquet. "I.... I am sorry, Aizawa. But I'm not coming back"

A/N: End of chapter

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a goof night! For those who have made it this far, I slightly altered the other chapters so maybe reread them? If not no Biggy,