2

"I'm telling you. You dodged a bullet, my good man." Vegas Montez sat with his best friend Jeremiah (who liked to be addressed as his middle name, Tron). "Ain't no way that she was pregnant with your baby."

"I haven't fucked shawty that long to be a baby daddy." Tron licked his lips and stared at his phone camera to which Vegas just laughed.

They had been boys since elementary school and not much has changed since then, aside from them now making money moves and being grown. Tron was still the ladies' man and Vegas was the good guy who never even had a date yet. Obviously, Vegas was handsome. He could pull anyone, but he would rather have a woman pursue him. It was 2022. He was too softhearted to be doing what Tron did.

"Boy, you see that girl over there?"

They were at a bar tonight. Tron wanted to celebrate the fact that he was not a baby father by finding some women to mess with. Vegas looked at her. She was very cute but he could read people well. It was part of his job stint as a recently approved Uber driver.

He would pick up all sorts of people in his Hyundai Ioniq 5. People would be in awe that he was saving the environment in his electric vehicle, then he would engage in conversation. In his rear view mirror, he would look into their eyes and just read people. Vegas chuckled, knowing the type of woman she could be, just by the simple accessories on her wrist, a loose charmbracelet from Pandora (a few of those have been left in the backseat), a Telfar bag, and sunglasses. Her lace front was too visible and she had gotten the wrong shade to compliment her complexion. "No, bro. Take off them sunglasses, the sun is down."

"I can't let these women know I'm staring," Tron laughed. "I gotta be mysterious. That's what attracts them."

"Nah," Vegas laughed. "It ain't even that. It's the fact that you got all them chains on and you flex your income too hard. But, what they don't know is is that your roommate is a Stanford dropout who can't hoop no more and works at a Starbucks and drives for Uber while you have a Soundcloud that blows up every now and then."

"I'm telling you, I'm gonna get another deal that will have us both sitting pretty. You gonna use that quarter business degree one day." Tron raised his beer bottle. "And we will be laughing to the bank together while two pretty bitches will be in the passenger seats waiting for us to lay the pipe."

Vegas shrugged while tossing his head back to down a shot of tequila. Life was not everything he wanted. He was not sure if he wanted to even manage Tron. But, if he got with the right producers that he was cool with, Tron's career would have long taken off. But, Vegas was not willing to have that conversation.

The woman that Tron pointed to was making her way over. Vegas automatically knew she was coming for Tron, until she laid her eyes on him. That was new. It was deep intrigue in her gaze that made Vegas a lot more interested. "How y'all fellas doing tonight?" her voice was sweet and Southern.

"Good, how about you, mama?" Tron answered for Vegas. That was another reason why he never got a girl. Tron was the lady whisperer, the spokesperson. Women would divert their interest to him, instead.

The woman kept her gaze on Vegas. "I'm good too. Y'all know the area? Me and my homegirl just moved down here from Maryland."

"We from Maryland too," Tron said, pointing to Vegas. "We just moved here a couple years back since the west coast ain't work out for us."

Vegas nodded sorrowfully after remembering that big ass bill he got from Stanford that he could not pay on a Pizza Hut salary. He packed up and moved on. He had just finished paying off the bill, but he was still swimming in student loans.

"What's y'all names and does your pretty boy speak?"

Tron mugged Vegas and sucked his teeth. "I'm Tron. Don't be shy now, lil nigga."

"I'm taller than you. And my name is Vegas." Vegas held out his hand. The woman shook it, her manicured fingers slid into his bigger hand. He rubbed her wrist a bit, a trick Tron often used to make her feel special.

"Nice to meet you, Vegas. I'm Sheree. Are you as wild as the place?"

Tron chuckled. "Nah, this nigga a virgin."

"A virgin?" Sheree widened her eyes and started laughing with Tron. "Ain't bo way."

Vegas wished that Tron could keep his mouth shut. However, he was eased when Sheree kept talking to him. They got drinks and hung out the rest of the night. He wasn't really feeling it, though. Tron ended up making a move on Sheree's friend who's name was forgettable. So, Vegas decided to head back to their house.

Sheree walked up to Vegas and twirled a piece of her hair, her eyes glistening under the moonlight. It was like a scene out of a movie. He smiled weakly, unsure of what to do. Sheree grabbed him by his belt loop and planted a kiss on his lips. He felt his knees buckle not having felt this sensation since he was in the 10th grade. It was embarrassing but shit, he felt good. "So, what you doing tonight, papa since your babysitter left you?"

"Papa," Vegas repeated.

"You look good," Sheree purred in his ear.

"Wanna suck my dick?" he asked, so unsure. He hoped he didn't sound like he never had it done before. Silently, he also hoped that she didn't believe Tron's words about being a virgin. So what, he was? Maybe he'd get lucky tonight. Plus, she looked pretty with her hazel eyes and beat face.

Sheree shrugged.

It was happening. Vegas panicked. He had to play it cool, though. So he did. They went to his car. He had tinted windows recently installed, so he silently was glad he got his car done.

Sheree kept her eyes on him as she unbuckled his pants. They kept kissing. Vegas found himself good at it and himself getting hard as Sheree's hand touched the bulge of his Fruit Of the Loom underwear. She took his member out and began rubbing it, then she dipped her head down and began kissing on him. Vegas groaned.

At first it was wet and felt good. He began moaning, tossing his head back on the headrest. Then, he felt her teeth. He tapped her head gently.

She looked up at him and wiped her mouth. "You okay?"

"I'm tired, baby."

Sheree rolled her eyes. "Pay for my uber."

Vegas sighed. "I'm sorry."

"You must be gay. All niggas want me and buss within seconds with me-"

Vegas sighed. "I work for Uber so just request and I'll drive you-"

"Nigga, what?" Sheree rolled her eyes again. "Fuck you."

Vegas shook his head and requested a ride for her. He was not going to do this again. He should have just did his usual thing and let Tron take home the both of the girls. Curiosity always killed the cat.