11

"So, what makes you different than any other Soundcloud artist besides the fact that you can sing?" 

Tron thought for a moment. He was not that much different than any other artist. But, that didn't really stop him from going for his dream. He remembered who he did it for: his mother. Also, he did it for his hood back home. They meant a lot to him. His voice was crisp and damn near perfect in his own opinion. People said that he was reminiscent of great 90s singers. He could sing the pants off any woman. 

Any woman except Rin. 

Rin was hard to please. She didn't seemed  moved by his performance. She did not care about the expensive clothing on him, nor did she care about the rented car he had. She was focused on his eyes.

 "I guess it's the fact that I can actually sing. I have something to sing about." 

"I've heard some songs....money, fashion, cars, hoes...." 

"It's like an allegory to my lifestyle." 

"Fun fact. I've dated too many of those before. Would you throw me on an interlude or make me a voice girl" 

"I'll try my best not to." Tron smiled. He thought her voice was sexy, though. It made him fold. Just a bit, but not too much. Tron was a thug, through and through. "You should take the fact that they did that as a compliment." 

"It ain't a compliment if all they did was leave me up crying." 

Tron lifted her chin with his thumb. "You ain't gotta worry about that shit, mama." 

Rin's cheeks warmed at his comment and they kissed. 

They were waiting to get seats at a high end bar. The line was wrapped around the corner, but they didn't mind the wait. Though it was going to be awhile, he thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get to know each other. 

So far, all he gained was that she was not one to fall for the regular type of tricks that any good looking man could pull. The stare didn't move her. But, the direct eye contact with physical contact made her melt. Especially, when he doted on her personality. The way he was dressed and the persona he put on was not working. It was as if she needed to see some square behavior for her to be all on him. 

He was not sure why he felt the need to. Maybe it was the challenge that was attracting him. He had no other good intentions. 

Rin intertwined her fingers into Tron's. It was hard to believe that she pulled that before he could even think to do so. It made him a little flustered. Tron smiled unconsciously. The relaxed mug on his face became a warm expression. She had won him over. This was it. He was going to give up all the women in his DMs right now if she asked. He was going to dedicate a whole mixtape to her. 

"Rin, is that you?" 

A soft feminine voice snuck up behind Tron and Rin. It made him snap out of his trance. The woman speaking was wearing a fit that was definitely showing up his with just one glittery chain and a fresh pair of Balenciagas. Her haircut was fresh too. Tron didn't feel threatened by her presence because, well, he figured that Rin was straight. 

"Twyla!" Rin gleefully squealed as she released Tron's hand to wrap the woman in a bearhug. "I haven't seen you since graduation." 

Twyla wrapped Rin in one of those hugs. Tron knew that type of hug. The one arm around the waist, just a few inches from her ass. She had hit that. She had too. "Hey, babygirl. I missed you." 

Babygirl? Tron was tripping. They had to have been close friends. Twyla looked too comfortable with Rin for them to have just been friends. 

"Who you with?" Rin asked, her tone a little concerned. 

Twyla smiled, scratching the back of her head. "I'm kinda alone. My date just bailed on me. I wanted to see what this shit was about, though." 

Rin sucked her teeth. "Well, Tiger, you know you're too damn fine to be by yourself...Oh, this is my date, Jeremiah." 

"You can call me Tron," Tron said, holding out his hand. 

Twyla stared at it before shaking it. Her grip was strong. "What's up. Call me, Tiger." 

"Twyla and Tiger, how the fuck does that corelate?" 

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Twyla revealed the gun on her hip, situated in her boxers. Tron blinked twice. 

Rin sucked her teeth. "Now, you don't gotta do all that, Tiger." 

"He asked, I gotta show why," Twyla said, looking him dead in the face. "He better treat you right." 

Rin stared at Tron. "You will, will you?" 

"I will," Tron said, unsure of what kind of threat Twyla was offering. Twyla hugged Rin and they continued to talk. She kept a mean side-eye on Tron, though. He was not sure if he was going to be the main event for the rest of the evening. He got cock-blocked by his new girl's ex-girlfriend.