6

"You're gorgeous putting your paws on a woman for me." Zayde lifted Raja's chin. "I'll make sure them doctors fix your face up."

Raja wanted to cry. But, she kept her cool. it was what everyone expected of her. Everyone liked how relaxed and nonchalant she was. Zayde liked how she broke out of her character for him, though. It showed him that she did have a crazy streak. Most women involved with Zayde would fight for him anyway. Why was she different? She kissed his lips, trying to quell the pain she was going through. If anything, it made her face hurt even more. 

Zayde rubbed Raja's shoulders a little too roughly. She usually loved the touch of his hands, but tonight just felt so off. She was getting her ass beat by this woman a little taller than her who had more meat on her bones, unfortunately. Now, she was being rubbed down by a 6'5 muscular athlete. She wanted a gentle hand right now, more than anything. No. She wanted to be left the hell alone. 

"Why you not talking?" Zayde asked. 

"I'm just in thought." 

Zayde sat next to her on the exam bench. "I'm sorry about the girl at the club. She was just a friend. She just a lil overprotective over me. You get it, right? I mean, your homegirl came up in there as if you weren't safe with me." 

Nigga, I wasn't, Raja said to herself. She wanted to curse him out so bad. Maybe even put her hands on him, herself. She wished that he could feel the pain she was feeling. 

"Say something, mama." 

"Something," Raja breathed through her nose. The doctor came in and left the door open. She saw Vegas laying on the bench and another doctor was inspecting the gash in his stomach. "You know you probably hurt that dude in there pretty bad, right?" 

Zayde looked across from them and laughed. "That nigga deserved it." 

Raja held herself as the doctor began to stitch her lip. Zayde offered his hand, but she refused to look at it or even take it. It felt like an act of pity. It was not an act of love. She wished that she could be loved by this man. Why was she accepting his faults and flaws? She was so done. The ghosting and coming back, the women, now the women were getting in her face and fighting her. 

"I want Rin in here," Raja sighed. 

"Why you want her in here?" 

"Because she actually cares about me. I saw you laughing when that girl was pulling my hair and punching me in my mitt," Raja held her jaw. "Doc, can you hook me up with some tylenol or some shit?" 

The doctor nodded. "I got you, Miss Thomas." 

Zayde sucked his teeth. "So, you think I don't care?" 

"Nigga..." Raja closed her eyes. "Just bring my girl in." 

"Raja...I know I suck at communicating, being loyal or whatever. Don't give up on us. I...I wanna marry you. I want you to have my son." 

"It sounds nice but you haven't the proof." 

Rin came into the exam room right on time. Raja silently thanked her because she did not have the strength or energy to kick Zayde out. Rin's personality was more outward and unapologetic. "Sir, get the fuck out of here."

"Little bitch, fuck you," Zayde looked down at Rin. "I got sisters that will whoop ya ass." 

"Suck my dick, nigga," Rin snapped back. 

"You wish you wanna suck mine."

"Aye aye!" Vegas yelled from the other room. He was limping to the doorway. The doctor tried to stop him, but he was too strong. "Get the fuck out of here before I press charges on your ass for fucking up my stomach, pussy." 

Zayde smiled. "I'll pay for everybody hospital bill here, I don't care." 

"I don't care," Vegas grunted. "You heard the ladies. Get out." 

Zayde left the room and got in Vegas' face. "I'll finish the job if you overstep your spot." He turned to Raja. "You know you mine, forever and always. Ever and after." 

Raja was reminded of everything that made her love him and hate him at the same time. It was that cheesy saying that got her knees weak and made her believe in true love. She used to call him corny for it. But, Zayde said she was the only one he ever said it to. 

He walked away from the exam rooms. Raja exhaled and laid on Rin's lap as she waited for the doctor to deliver the pain meds. She never felt this awful before. There was this awful pain in her chest that she was sure was not because of the woman from earlier. She was experiencing heartbreak. A tear ran down her cheek. 

Vegas stepped in the room, holding his stomach, his shirt was a little bloody, but he was looking fine as ever. He looked a little pale, but he was still breathing and he was using his arm for leverage in the doorway, leaning against it. His eyes were very soft, like Rin had said. She didn't want to fall for it, but it was sweet. "Look, shawty, you too beautiful to be fighting for a grimy ass nigga like him. And don't worry about me, I'm good. It's just a minor stab wound. But, it's all worth it for you." 

Raja tried to fight a smile at how cliche he sounded. It may have been the truth. Rin giggled for her. "I definitely agree, Vegas." 

"What a wild ass day for us all, huh?" Vegas asked. 

"Yeah, indeed," Raja said, slightly relieved that Zayde was gone. Hopefully, he can stay gone. She was going to have to put some effort into keeping him out of her mind and bed.