8

Rin laid in Raja's bed, waiting for her to wake up. She was very concerned for her best girl friend since last night. The whole day was wild. They met fine ass men and then went to a club. A man performed and dedicated a song to her. She never felt that special before in her whole life. It was a cute gesture. She was worried that he wouldn't want to see her again, considering the circumstances after his performance.

Raja stirred in her sleep, her shoulder brushing Rin. She stroked Raja's cheek, staring at her bruised lip. A huge part of her wished that Raja had pressed charged. Rin knew Raj was never the type to fight, let alone anyone touch her face. The fact that this fight was over a nigga bothered her even more. What caused the fight? Why did Raja even follow through with it? She should have been beating Zayde's ass instead. They could have successfully jumped him together.

Raja's eyes fluttered open. Rin laughed softly. "Hey."

"Girl, what in the lesbian are you doing in my bed, watching me sleep?"

"I wanted to talk to you," Rin answered. "And you're not my type. Don't flatter yourself."

Raja rolled her eyes. "Why you gotta do this? You not the person I wanna see when I wake up in the morning."

"You wanna see Zayde?"

"Actually, yes." Raja checked her phone. "Mmm. And he texted. He knows he in the dog house. I'm making sure he ain't getting none when I stay at his crib tonight."

"You're staying at his place tonight?" Rin asked, concern in her voice.

"Yeah. And I'm house-sitting for him while he goes to the Maldives for a game." That didn't sound too convincing. Rin could hear the bullshit in the reason. He was probably dragging some other woman to the Maldives. "But, he gonna be home for these next two nights. Him and his housemaid gonna take care of me." She grunted, sitting up.

"You really gonna go above and beyond for a nigga who's dogging you in plain sight?"

Raja sighed. "Rin, I love him."

Rin heard Raja's voice crack and it broke her heart to hear it. She never saw her best friend like this. Of course, Raja had her fair share of men, but it was never like this. It felt like her best friend was taking a page from her book and tracing the words from it. Was this how Raja felt when she was trying to practice what she preached?

"I don't wanna ask why." Rin had to let it go. If she wasn't, she was probably gonna end up killing a basketball player. "Just know, you're my sister. If you need me to pick you up from his house, just say it."

"That won't be necessary." Even Raja sounded like she wasn't so sure.

She left the room to get ready. Rin went to her own phone and decided to blow up Tron on Facetime while he was at work. She missed the sound of his voice. It was sweet when he sang, but he had this hood etiquette in his speech that was such a turn on. She usually didn't go for his type, though.

He was very cocky and slick with his mouth. He wad definitely a player. Rin wished that she could learn his full astrology chart so she could read him. Was he a slimy ass Pisces man? Or an arrogant Leo? She was not so sure. He gave off ambiguous energy that he would commit if he really out his heart to it.

But, she knew, he loved to have bitches. It was just how he carried himself in the chains, expensive ass cologne and afro.

She wasn't sure what she wanted from him yet.

A movie date with him would give her a chance to get to know him, his intentions and if it was good, MAYBE she would consider taking him to bed. Sometimes you gotta hook up on the first night. That was how the best relationships started.

Tron answered in the first ring. He had his hair in fresh braids and he looked quite handsome in his work uniform. He looked bored. His eyes were always mysterious and somber. That was what drew Rin in.

"What's up, Rin Love?"

"Rin Love?"

"Yeah, cause you look like Love in human form," Tron replied, smiling at her. He took the blunt from his ear. "I was just about to take a break."

"Ain't you just got to work, boo?"

"Love it when you call me, boo. Say that shit again."

"Go do your job, boo."

"Fuck my job. I'm tryna get this record label and I got a new song coming soon. I been working on it since I saw your face."

"You keep being corny, I might just ghost ya ass."

"I know you ain't gonna ghost this." Tron smirked.

"Bye, boy. What makes you so special aside from the fact that you sing?"

"I'll make you smile and be a better nigga than them lil niggas you had before."

"Well, consider yourself lucky cause I was gonna be done dating men for awhile," Rin said. Which was true. She was tired of how emotionless men were. Raja even said it too, she needed a woman to meet her emotional needs in a romantic connection. Plus, all the men in her dating pool were narcissistic and mentally abusive. Yeah, they were spiritual, but they used it to manipulate. The universe taught Rin better than that.

She had no idea why she was entertaining this handsome devil, though. Tron was carrying something with him. She wanted to put her finger on it.

His smile was too easy to trust though.

Rin screenshotted him

"Fuck is you doing?" Tron asked.

"They say the best moments last longer when you take pics of 'em. And I love your smile."

Tron grinned even harder. "I'll smile for you, Rin Love."

"What time you picking me up, Jeremiah?"

"9pm on the dot. Look good for me, okay?"

Rin rolled her eyes, blushing. "Whatever, bro."

"You won't be calling me that tonight."

"Like I said. Whatever, bro."