3

Raja woke up to the sound of Rin knocking on her door rhythmically. She breathed through her nose annoyed. "The fuck you want?"

"I want you to make me breakfast."

"I ain't ya damn maid, RinRin."

Rin opened the door and flopped next to her. "Fuck you mean? You're my everything. Everything that these niggas aren't."

"Rin, get off my bed."

"Can I have pancakes, bacon, eggs and grits?"

"Rin..."

"And a mimosa, light on the champagne."

"I'm about to call yo mama and have her beat your ass for me because ain't no way in hell am I cooking for you-"

"I heard you crying last night, so we gonna talk." Rin folded her arms across her chest as she sat up in the bed. "You had the feelings playlist on and it kept me up. Our walls are too thin."

Raja was embarrassed. The walls were thin and she knew that. Maybe the heavy sobbing in her pillow was a little too loud last night. And Summer Walker was definitely playing through her Bose speakers on the TV last night. "His name is Zayde Ross and-"

"Zayde Ross?"

"Yeah."

"Yoooo. He plays for the league below the NBA. Girl, why you fucking with him?"

"I don't know!" Raja felt her throat get heavy and those suppressed feelings that she was holding in were ready to burst like a levy. Basketball players, of course. The bottom of the rich man barrel. The worst of the worst. Raja already knew what the deal was. Rin sucked her teeth and shook her head like a disappointed mother. "Come on, RinRin."

"Don't 'RinRin' me now, boo," Rin sighed. "What's up? Come off it. What did he do? How long?"

"A year- almost-"

"A year? And you never brought him to the crib?"

"I did but you were not home when I did. Plus, I preferred to fuck him in his condo."

Rin rolled her eyes and then started mugging Raja. Disappointment was all over her face. Raja never saw her like this since they were in high school and Raja did not tell her that she had had a date for senior prom. It had been that long. "We're best friend, Raj."

"I'm sorry. I just didn't wanna talk about him because of the way you looking at me now."

"Zayde Ross. Recent MVP for that one foreign team, but he's from 'round here. Now, he probably gonna end up in the actual NBA next year," Rin huffed. "Girl, fuck is you doing with him? He looks like he is toxic. What is his sign again?"

"I think he's a..." Raja shook her head. "Astrology doesn't dictate a person's character, boo."

Rin sucked her teeth. "You know you're one stubborn ass Taurus with an arrogant ass Leo moon and a tired ass Pisces rising-"

"And what the fuck does that all mean?"

"Who you are." Rin smiled weakly and sat up. "Look, I don't want you to cook for me. I was thinking I treat you to breakfast and you tell me all about your venture with Zayde. I think it's time I just listen to you. You always listen to me like you my damn therapist."

Raja smirked. "That sounds nice. You girlfriending me today?"

"You want some head?"

"Don't push it." Raja pushed Rin off her bed. Rin, cackled rolling onto the carpet. "I guess we'll just uber to the spot if we getting mimosas?"