06. Sleepover

The three girls were in elevens room at hoppers cabin singing along to Angel by Madonna. Max was spinning Sydney around while El looked through maxs magazines and posters.

"You must be an angel I can see it in your eyes" the two girls sang along.

El opened one of the posters and her eyes widened. max looked over

"oh, you found Ralph Macchio" max teased.

"ahhh Ralph Macchio" Sydney said collapsing onto the bed.

why did you say that? the voice in her head said. you must choose, Ralph or Max? Boys or Girls?

she shook the intrusive thoughts out of her head.

"Macchio?" el asked

"yeah, he's the karate kid" max fakes a karate chop on sydneys leg. "hai-yah"

"ouch, my leg" Sydney acts out grabbing her leg and pulling it up to her chest. the girls all laugh.

"he's so hot right?" max asks, "i bet he's an amazing kisser too"

Eleven widens her eyes.

"hey,uh...is mike a good kisser?" max says

"eww gross" Sydney laughs

"i dont know" eleven grins. "he's my first boyfriend"

"well ex-boyfriend" max corrects

eleven face falls.

"hey dont worry about it" Syd says. "he'll come back begging for you to forgive him by the end of the week."

"excatly, i guarantee you him and lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right know. theyre like 'oh, i hope they take us back.'" max mocks causing all girls too laugh.

"are you gonna get back with lucas, if he asks?" Syd ask, once again her noisiness getting the better of her.

"umm i dont know, i dont like the way he was today, the way he talked to you."

"thanks by the way, for sticking up for me"

"no problem" max winks at her causing Syd to blush. "god what i would give to see their stupid faces" max wishes

eleven looks away thoughtfully.

"thinking face?" Syd asks

"thinking face" max agrees

⋙✿⋘

Sydney put the radio to static while eleven put on her blindfold.

"is this really gonna work?" max asks sitting on the bed. Eleven nods.

"oh my lord this is amazing" Sydney squeals sitting beside max.

"Sydney" eleven says

"right yeah, quiet sorry"

As El focuses, Sydney starting unknowingly presses her nails into her palm with nerves. Max noticed and grabs Syds hand giving her a reassuring smile.

"i see them" eleven states

the two girls moved onto the floor beside el.

"what are they doing?" max asks

"eating"... "they say we are 'species' "

"what?" max asked not understanding the girl

"'emotion not logic'" el repeats for the others

"okay what the actual hell?!" Sydney said putting the pieces together.

"well that ends whatever hope he had of me taking him back" max sighs angrily

Eleven pulls the blindfold off and looks at max.

"what happened?" max asked worriedly

El just bursts out laughing. Syd and Max just look at each other confused as el falls onto the floor.

"what? what happened?" Syd asked but joined in on the laughter along with max.

they hear a car pulling up. the girls sit up suddenly, stopped laughing.

"hopper?" Syd asked. Eleven nodded. they quickly cleaned els nose, turned off the radio and hide the blindfold. max pulled out three comics and the three girls lay on the floor pretending to be flicking through them.

the door slammed closed causing the girls to jump.

"hey" hopper shouted "when i say three inches, three-" he pushed the door open but was surprised when he saw the three girls sitting on the floor.

" do you knock? jeez!" max yelled

"yeah! jeez!" el repeated. Syd tried to suppress her laughter as best as she could but a giggle still escaped

"Wow.. Wow.. hey" the chief raised his hands. "im sorry, i though that,uh..."

"mikes not here" sydney said

"max and Sydney wanted to have a sleepover. is that... okay?" el asked her dad

"yeah.. yeah. yeah. yeah. your parents know about it?" he checked

"yup" max nodded

"out of town" Sydney shrugged

"uh, yeah, okay, it's cool. yeah. that's really cool" he just stood there.

"did you need something?" max asked

"no. no. I'll leave" he closed the door. after a couple of second the tv could be heard .

the girls hopped up on els bed, and started writing down names of people they can spy on. they placed an empty coke bottle in the middle of the board.

"holy shit, i can't believe we're really doing this." max says

"ready?" sydney asked el

"ready" she nodded.

it landed on mr.wheeler

"ugh boring" they all said in unison.

"spin again" max encouraged el

"against the rules?"

"we make our own rules."

eleven smiled and spinned again. Billy.

"okay, look, i should warn you, if he's with a girl or doing something gross just get out of there right away before you're scarred for life." max warned eleven

"eww" Sydney groaned trying to shake that image out of her head

"sorry" max apologized "im just saying, im serious. hes really gross."

"max!" eleven interrupted

"ok, shutting up now"

they tuned the radio on and el put the blindfold over her eyes.

max held her hand out and syd took it, it was clear that both the girls were nervous.

"i found him"

"whats he doing?" max asked

"i dont know" eleven sounded confused, afraid. " he's... on the floor... talking to someone"

max and sydney exchanged a nervous glace.

Eleven pulled the blindfold off, panicked she grabbed onto Sydneys jacket.

"What? what is it?" max asked