25. Creel House

The next day, sydney woke up in mike wheelers basement. She looked around for max but couldn't see her. A wave of panic rushed over her. She breathed deeply. She looked at Dustin who was on watch last, he was fast asleep. She was going to go wake him but thought she should go look for max first.

She crept up the stairs making sure not to wake any of the others. She walked into the kitchen where max was sitting at the table with her headphones on coloring beside Holly. Sydney exhaled.

"Good morning!" Karen smiled.

"Oh hi!" Sydney said

"There's coffee in the pot and there is some pancakes if you want any."

"Thank you" Sydney took a small plate and put some pancakes on it, ignoring Mr. Wheeler frown. She poured herself a mug of coffee and added milk. Sydney usually didn't drink much coffee but since she got little sleep she took some.

She walked over a tapped max on the shoulder.

"Hey" Max smiled at the girl pulling down her headphones.

"Hi, how'd you sleep?"

"Well... how would you sleep if someone kept blasting kate bush into your ears?"

"I could think of worse things to be blasted into my ears" They two girls laughed.

"Listen about yesterday-" max began

"Don't worry about it. i wasn't thinking and it wasn't the right time to say what i said."

"Yeah but-"

There was a sound of someone pounding up the stairs of the basement. the two girls looked over to see Nancy and dustin looking relieved to see the two girls sitting there.

"Morning guys! Everything okay?" Mrs. Wheeler said placing more pancakes on the plate.

"yeah, everything's okay" Nancy sighed.

"I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this."

"You could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Mr. Wheeler said looking up from his paper.

"You know your welcome here anytime." Mrs. Wheeler looked at dustin as nancy walked over to the table.

"Totally. You're like family" Dustin grinned.

"Hey." Nancy said to the two girls.

"Hey." max answered

"You okay?"

"Neither of us could sleep." Sydney yawned.

"Holly let me borrow some of her crayons. We've been having fun, right holly?" Max smiled

"mm-hmm" Holly said

"Is this what you saw last night?" Nancy asked looking at max's drawings.

"I mean, it's supposed to be. i thought it would be easier to draw it out than explain it, but... not so much."

"Is that...?" Nancy said dragging down a page which looked like fred and chrissy stuck to some type on pillars or walls.

"It was like they were on display or something. and then there was this red fog everywhere. it was like a dream. a nightmare"

"You think Vecna's just trying to scare you?" Sydney asked

"With Billy? yeah. but when i made it here, i dunno, something was different. he seemed surprised, almost like he didnt want me there."

"maybe you infiltrated his mind." Dustin said sitting down at the table. "He infiltrated yours is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his? Like Freddie Krueger's boiler room."