20. Vecnas curse

It was dark by the time the got to the house beside lovers lake. The road was mainly silent other then when Steve tried to break it but only making it more awkward.

Dustin ran the doorbell. No sign if any movement came from inside the house. Rang again. Nothing. Dustin rang it repeatedly and banged in the door

"Well that's settled. I guess he's not here" Steve said

"Eddie! It's Dustin!" Dustin yelled into the door.

"Great" Steve threw his hands up.

Robin shined her torch and looked threw the window. Max and Sydney followed her, checking the windows for some signal or movement. Sydney kept walking to the side of her house. She looked down to the lake where there was a boat house.

"Hey guys" she called to the others. "Think I found something."

"Well that's not creepy" Steve said coming up behind her. Steve walked up first to it making sure it was safe for the others. They looked threw the windows but once again not any sign of life.

Robin slowly opened the door. "Hello" she peaked in. "Is anyone home?"

They all piled in after her.

"What a dump" Steve complain looking at the old boat house which had a disgusting smell and was filled with load of junk.

"That actually sticks" Sydney said holding her nose. Steve spun around. "Not you, calm down. The house" she rolled her eyes as they continued walking around.

Steve picked up an ore and started digging at the tarp. Dustin and Sydney looked at each other.

"What are you doing?" Dustin asked

"He might be in here." Steve said jabbing his stick along the covered boat.

"So take the tarp off" Sydney suggested

"If your so brave you take the tarp off" Steve looked at the pair.

"Hey look over here" max said and Robin walked over to join her. "Someone was here."

"Maybe he heard us. Got spooked and ran." Robin suggested

"Dont worry. Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin laughed.

"I know you think you're being funny Henderson but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally I don't find it funny in the slight-"

Steve was cut off by what looked like Eddie jumping up from under the top. They all screamed. Eddie pined Steve against a wall and put a razor to his throat.

"Steve!" Sydney ran to him but stopped when she say Eddie look at her. "Eddie stop!" She yelled at him

"Eddie! Eddie!" Eddie looked of at Dustin who was yelled at him. "It's me. It's me Dustin. This is Steve. he's not going to hurt you, right Steve?"

"Right yeah" Steve strained. Eddie looked at him, his eye's narrowing.

"Yeah he's like a teddy bear" Sydney smiled. "Steve. Drop the oar"

Steve let go of it causing it to fall to the floor. Eddie moved the knife closer to Steve's neck.

"He's cool. He's cool." Dustin yelled

"I'm cool man, I'm cool" Steve pleaded

"What are you doing here?" Eddie asked not taking his eyes of Steve.

"We're looking for you." Dustin said calmly

"We're here to help." Robin said. Eddie looked over at the three.

"Eddie these are my friends" Dustin smiled at him. "You know Robin form band" robin imitated Playing her trumpet. "This is my friend max, the one who never wants to play D&D" max waved. "And you know syd there, standing beside Steve. She sits with us sometimes." Sydney smiled

"Eddie. We're on your side" Sydney nodded.

"I swear on my mother! Right guys?" dustin yelled

"Yeah. Yes. We swear. On dustins mother" they all said

Eddie moved the knife and held it at Steve's neck for a moment, like he was actually going to hurt him. He stared into Steve's eyes. He let the knife go and walked away. Steve slid down the way grabbing onto syd.

Sydney hugged him. "Thought I lost ya there Harrington"

"I did so too" he whispered. He sat down rubbing his neck.

"Eddie..." Dustin said. He was standing beside the even curlier headed boy who looked scared. "He just want to talk" he tried to touch eddies arm but Eddie jerked it way.

"Okay!" Dustin said raising his hands.

Robin came over and couched down beside the two boys. "We want to know what happened

"You won't believe me" Eddie sniffed

"Try us" max said

Eddie looked confused but told them the story. The story of how Chrissy died. How she was in a trance like state and how she levitated and her bones snapped and all the other details.

"You all think I'm crazy right?" He scoffed when he was done.

"No. We don't think you're crazy-"

"Look! Don't bullshit me man! I know how it sounds!"

"We're not bullshitting you." Max said

"Yeah we believe you. This type of thing. It has happened before. Well not this type of thing but similar things. Other supernatural things" Sydney ranted

Eddie just sighed and shook his head

"Look" Dustin began. "What I'm about to tell you might be a little...difficult to take."

"Okay" Eddie nodded

"You know how people say Hawkins is cursed? Their not... way off. There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Somethings it bleed into ours."

"Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie asks

"There are some things worse than ghosts" max trailed off

"These monsters from this other world... we thought they were gone. But they've came back. And that's why we needed to find you."

"If their back. We need to know" Sydney said

"That night. Did you see anything?" Robin asked

"Dark particles maybe?" Max added. Eddie shook his head.

"It would almost look like dust swirling around." Dustin said

"No man, there was nothing you could see or uh... or touch" Eddie said "you know I tried to wake her up man, she couldn't move. It was like she was in a trance or something."

"You under a spell" Dustin said under his breath

"What?A spell?" Sydney sighed

"A curse." Eddie said.

"Vecnas curse" Dustin realised

"Who's Vecna?" Steve asked

"An undead creature of great power."

"A spell caster." Eddie said

"A dark wizard."