28. Lightbulb

The four were now in nancys room, placing pins into hollys toy. Lucas plugged it in once it was ready to test. The toy lit up.

"Ok you guys seeing this?" Dustin asked the others who were in the upside down.

The light got brighter causing the group to squeal with excitement. Sydney high fives Lucas and Dustin hugged Erica.

"We're not moving it but we're gonna unplug it. Stand by." Dustin yelled as Lucas went over and unplugged it. The lights went off

"Okay try it now" Dustin instructed.

They laughed as the word "hi" lit up.

"Hi!" They all shouted back. "That worked"

"S. T. U." Lit up

"Stupid?"

"C. K."

"Stuck!" Sydney yelled

"Okay they're stuck in the upside down." Lucas said.

"Uh you can't get back through watergate?" Dustin asked

"G. U. A. R."

"Guar?" Dustin said

"Is that a word?" Sydney said

"Nope."

"D. E. D."

"Guarded?" They all wondered.

"Okay. Uh, watergates guarded" Dustin said. "Okay we think we have a theory that can help with that. We think watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site."

"?"

"Okay seriously? How many times do I have to be right on the money before you trust me?" Dustin yelled

"E. D. D. I. E. S"

"Yes! Okay let's go!" Sydney said. They got up. Sydney crept down the stairs and saw max in the living room. Sydney signalled at her to come upstairs. Max mouths what. And Sydney just waves again. Max stormed over and climbed the stairs with Sydney.

"Ok. Let's go" Dustin said opening nancys window. They climbed down the vines and got all the bike out of the garage.

"Hey excuse me" one of the officers yelled out the window.

"Shit! Go go go!" Sydney yelled and hopped on her bike. Erica slashed the car tires. They started cycling down the road, ignoring the parents running and yelling after them.

⋙✿⋘

They kicked the door open to eddies trailer. Sydney looked up into the roof.

"Holy shit!" They all said.

On the ceiling there was a small gate. Vines attached to the plaster. They were noises from the other side.

"Please tell me you all hear that" max said. They all nodded

"It's them." Dustin said picking up a sweeping brush from against the wall. He pushed it against the seal of the gate, pressing it down until he pierced it. He shook the brush around breaking the skin.

They looked through the gate. They looked up and saw the floor of eddies trailer.

"What the hell" max said

"Taking the whole meaning of upside down to a new level" Sydney sighed

Steve walked into view followed by the others. They laughed at seeing them all upside down

"Hello!" Dustin waved.

"Hi." They all smiled back

"Holy shit this is trippy" Robin said

"Bada bada boom!" Dustin Yelled.

⋙✿⋘

Max and Sydney dragged eddies mattress to under the gate, throwing it down to form a landing pad.

"Those stains are... I don't know what those stains are" Eddie try to explain.

"Hmm" robin gave him a side eye

"Gross" Sydney rolled her eyes. Dustin walked over carrying a load of sheets tied together.

"Not quite sure how these physics are going to work. But uh.... Here goes nothing" Dustin threw the makeshift rope up as it floated in the air, not touching the ground on either sides of the gate.

"And if my theory is correct..." he let go of the sheets which remained floating. "Huh. Abracadabra."

"Holy shit!" Max laughed.

"All right. Pull on it! See if it holds!"

Robin stepped forward and tugged on the rope. It stayed. They all laughed.

"This is the craziest shit I've ever seen in my life" Erica says. "And I've seen some crazy shit."

"Guess I'm the Guinea pig" Robin said and she started climbing the rope.

"Alright let's clear the landing pad" Dustin said and they all stepped off the mattress.

"Oh my god" Robin yelled as she fell onto the mattress when she went through the portal. "Oh thank god. That was fun." She sat up and Sydney held out her hand to help her up.

Eddie was next. He climbed up then fell through. "That. Was fun." He laughed.

"See you on the other side" Steve said.

"On the other side." Nancy stepped forward but froze.

"Nancy it's okay!" Robin shouted through. Nancy didn't move.

"Nancy?" Steve stepped forward. "Nancy!" He yelled shaking her. "Guys help!"

They all stepped up and looked through the gate.

"Vecna." Max shuttered

Hi guys! Sorry for not uploading in a while but my mental health hasn't been overly great mainly cause of school. Anyways please check out my other book cause I need your help for a fc for it.