19. Cheech and Chongs

Sydney woke up to the birds singing out side her window. She looked at her clock which read 9:54

"Ahh shit" she said. Good thing it was a Saturday and she didn't have school. She couldn't miss another day or her dad would kill her.

She walked down the stairs and went over to the fridge. There was a sticky note on it which said

Gone to work. Won't be home till late. Money on the counter for a takeaway

Sydney sighed and took out the milk and made her self some cereal.

When she was washing up. A knock came at the door. She wondered who it could be on a Saturday at ten o clock. She walked over to the door and opened it. Max was standing there.

"Hi" she said. Sydney was about to slam the door but max stuck her foot in it. "Listen I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now and  I'm really sorry. But we need to talk."

"You have five minutes. Go" Sydney said walking back into the kitchen and making sure her cat has food.

Max followed her. "Did you hear the news?"

"No I'm only up."

"Chrissy died last night."

"What?" Sydney said spinning around. She didn't know Chrissy other than a couple of chats here and there, but the news still hurt.

"At Eddie munsons house."

"WHAT?" Sydney said even louder.

"And I don't think it was a normal death either"

"Murder?"

Max looked away nervously. "Even worse..."

⋙✿⋘

The two cycled over to Dustins in silence. Occasionally max thought about explaining why she did what she did to Sydney, but she didn't. She knew the girl didn't want to talk about it and she didn't blame her either.

They rang the doorbell and Dustin opened it. He was confused to see the girls at this time never mind seeing them together.

"We need to talk" Sydney said.

Dustin brought the two girls to his room and max told them what she saw.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Dustin asked. "You're sure it was Chrissy?"

"Yes she was in her cheerleader outfit. Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie" max said.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?"

"No. No, but I can't be the only one who saw them together. I mean they stood out."

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin made sure.

"Yes for god sakes. Yes!" Sydney yelled. They darted their heads to the girl. "Sorry"

"His names not in the news yet or anything but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one now." Max continued

"That's crazy" Dustin said loudly. "Eddie didn't do this. No way. No way" he repeated when he saw the girls looks

"We can't rule it out" max argued

"Yes we can"

"Dustin come on! I know you have a bond with him but let's just entertain the possibility for a while." Sydney said