Chapter Nine - According to Lucas

_________________

Rex's pack was nice, like really nice. I hated it. Mostly because they all thought I was going to marry Rex, they thought I was going to be one of top officials. Oh how they'd treat me if they knew I didn't plan on doing any of that.

"There you are!" A cheery voice came up behind me. I jumped in surprise and she let out a giggle. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"No." I shook my head giving her a smile, "No, you're fine. I was just surprised is all."

"I could tell." She nodded, "Anyway, Rex sent me out to see how you were. He told me that you've been alone for the past few days. I thought you could use someone to talk to." I took a deep breath, it was sweet that she was willing to listen but I wasn't going to tell her. "It's fine if you don't want to talk to me." She told me, looking away.

"It's not that I don't want to talk to you. I just don't want to bother you with my problems."

"That's crazy!" She shook her head, "You're going to be my luna one day."

I nodded, not saying what I really thought. I didn't want to stir up things.

"You don't like it here, do you?"

"What?!" I questioned, was it that obvious?

"I can tell by the look on your face, you're missing something." She was smart, I'll give her that.

"Yeah." I nodded, "My family. I miss them a ton."

She gave me a sad smile, "I get it. Well kind of, I've never actually been away from my family before but I can imagine." Snorting she continued, "I might even miss Frannie."

"Sister?" I laughed.

"Yeah, and she annoying as all hell."

"Evie!" We heard being called behind us, causing her to groan.

"Speak of the devil." She muttered and then waved to her sister in annoyance. I giggled and shook my head. I didn't have siblings but I don't think they'd be that bad. Right?

"Rex is having dinner made up, if you want to join me." She offered as something registered in her eyes.

"I'd love too." I nodded and followed after her. It couldn't hurt.

__________________________

Lucas's POV

She was everything and more from what I heard of the word mate growing up. She was perfect and she was all mine. My perfect little mate. There were just two major problems, our families have been sworn enemies for centuries; Which I could handle, and she didn't want me.

Two years later and I'm still hurt that she rejected me, it wasn't something you could just move passed. Especially since I thought about her every moment of my life, but I've been trying.

Breaking the bond with your mate is unheard of, the way I figured it I'd rather die trying than being alive and watching her move on.

Mitch was out, running an errand for me and I was in class. I'd do just about anything to be in his place right now. He got to see her her perfect face, he got to breath the same air as her...

Whoah, Luke. Creeper alert.

I tapped my pencil on the desk impatiently he should already have her. What if something happened to her? My mind went to crazy places and my wolf grew restless within me, well more than usual.

Mated With The EnemyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara