Chapter Seventeen - Medicine

Chapter Seventeen -  Medicine 

_____________________

Lucas searched my eyes carefully, reaching for my hands. He brought them to his face and sniffed. "You smell different."

"What?" I stuttered as I watched him.

"I noticed it before, didn't you hear me?" He cocked his head to the side, questioningly.

I shook my head, "You were trying to contact me?"

Nodding Lucas caressed my face. "I've been trying to contact you since the dance. I've been so worried about you." He growled. "It took even thing in me to not cross into your territory to check on you."

I blushed looking down at my hand, "But the girl-." I started.

Growling Lucas curled his finger under my chin and tilted my head so I was looking at him again. "There is no one else. I promise." His eyes held nothing but love and trust. He could tell that I still wanted an answer, so he continued. "She's an old friend, my father and hers have arranged for us to get married." I winced and averted my eyes.

"But I'm not going to marry her, I only want to marry one girl and have her by my side for the rest of life." He whispered and I looked back at him. Lucas smiled, his thumb rubbing my cheek softly. "Rosie, I don't want to be without you. I can't."

My lips tugged into a smile and I grabbed his face, kissing his perfect lips.

Lucas was surprised at first but kissed me back soon enough.

A wolf bark made us jump, Lucas groaned. "Someone's coming."

I pouted and he kiss my lips one last time before he quickly made his way to his territory.

"Rose!" Rex shouted as he came from the trees. I felt relieved as I stood and not too long after, Rex had me in his arms. "God damn it." He scolded, "When Penny told me you weren't in the safe house, I went nuts. Everyone is looking for you!"

"I'm fine." I laughed, throwing a look to see Lucas starring at us through narrow eyes. "Let's go find your mate." I giggled when Lucas relaxed, he sent me a grateful look and I shook my head following Rex.

Everyone was out of the house when we walked into the clearing where the pack house was. I had dried blood and had bruises all over. I was also limping because my leg just healed.

"Rosaline." My dad was first to get me.

"Dad!" I smiled and hugged him around the waist. He kissed my forehead before I was ripped away from him and taken into my mother's warm embrace.

"Baby. I thought you'd be right down!" She cried, "We were all so worried!"

I glanced at the pack and I could indeed see that they were all relieved to see me, alive. "I'm sorry. I had to help a little girl and by the time I got to her there wasn't enough time for both of us to make it into the safe house."

"Little girl?" My parents repeated, I saw the little girl shrink back in fear as she gripped her father's hand.

"Yeah, but it's fine. I'm fine." I hugged both of them and gave the little girl a smile.

My parents didn't look convinced and my dad growled. "Which little girl?"

"Daddy, I'm fine." I gulped, I didn't mean for the girl to get into trouble.