Chapter Twenty - Discovery

_________________________

"You can't leave." I whinned, holding Penny tighter to me, "You're my best friend."

"I know." She sighed, "But I can't not go. Rex needs to go back to his pack."

I nodded my head, I understood why they needed to go but I wasn't happy about it. Who was I supposed to talk to or hang out with? Everyone else still hates me.

"Call me everyday." I told her and gave her one last squeeze as Rex came into the room.

"You know I will." She smiled and then leaned into Rex as he came up behind her, kissing her cheek.

"Ready to go babe?" He laughed when she shivered.

She nodded not speaking out loud, she was marked now so they could have private conversations without me. That was the only way you could communicate if you weren't in the same pack or if you weren't an Alpha. Alpha's can talk to anyone, with their wolf's permission of course. So I guess they didn't need to be marked but still, they are.

Pouting I rocked back onto my heels and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "This isn't fair guys. Can't you speak out loud?"

They both laughed but I could still tell that they were communicating in their minds. I sighed loudly and Penny smirked. "Hey, I'll see you at the camp thing, right?"

Every year my pack, well the teens and young adults, and a few others all go away to a camp on the Northern packs land. Packs came from all over the country, that's where most of us meet our mates. Mine being no different, it's where I found out Lucas was mine. I turned sixteen the week before and well to make things short, I was a bitch.

Thinking of Lucas had my stomach turning. Would Lucas go?

"Yeah, yeah." I nodded, "I wouldn't miss it. It's just after graduation."

"Graduation?" Penny shrieked, "I'm going to miss it." Penny turned in Rex's arms, a pout on her face. "I can't miss my best friend's graduation."

"What about your mates?" He rose an eyebrow at her and I crossed my arm in front of my chest. He was going to play the mate card, how lovely. Wait..

"You already graduated." I sighed as I remember how he was older than me. "Last year, she's a year too late to attend yours but she could still attend mine."

"You already finished?" She seemed shocked, "But I didn't get.." She trailed off.

"Hey, it's okay." Rex soothed her, "It doesn't matter anymore. It was before I met you, but I promise you that whatever life has in store for us you'll be by my side."

"I can't believe this." She whispered, "I'm dating an old man."

Rex growled and I laughed catching Penny's eyes. They still held a sadness but also amusement. "We'll see you at Graduation." Rex muttered over at me, keeping his eyes and hands trained on Penny.

Rolling my eyes I pushed them out of the kitchen, they were going to be late at this rate. His pack had planned a surprise party for Penny, which they already were missing the beginning of.

"Go." I laughed as we were now on the porch. "Go before I make you stay."

"I'm going to miss you." Penny smiled.