Chapter Four - Dangerous Mates

_________________

“What part of stay out of trouble don’t you understand?” Lucas growled grabbing my hips and pulling me off the counter.

“Luke!” I squealed in surprise, my hands flying to cover up his.

“What were you even doing?” He ignored my freakout, taking his hands off me as soon as I was safely on the floor.

“Nothing.” I shook my head as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Fine.” He huffed, clearly annoyed, “Just don’t hurt yourself.” I raised an eyebrow in question as my heart rate sped up. Did he...care about me?  “I need to give you back to your father in one piece if this whole barter thing is going to work out.”

I nodded feeling slightly disappointed. But I mean I didn’t blame him, I was really nasty two years ago. “Alright, I won’t climb on any counters until I’m back home.”

His jaw clenched but he said nothing.

The knock at the door made me jump and Lucas smirked, “Come in.”

Mitch sauntered in, “Your dad was wondering what was taking so long.” His eyes flickering between the both of us, “was I...interrupting something?”

“No.” Lucas’s smirk was wiped off his face instantly. “She’s just being difficult.”

I snorted, rolling my eyes. “I wasn’t being difficult.”

“Whatever,” He sighed and began to follow Mitch out but stopped just before shutting the door, “Don’t do anything stupid.” And he was gone.

I was left alone for most of the day and night was beginning to fall when the door was opened once again. This time I wasn’t up on any counters or doing anything reckless but I could still feel that he was unhappy.

“Your dad took the barter.” He spoke softly and I looked up, mostly in surprise of the news but also because he seemed…sad. “You’re leaving now.”

I smiled brightly and ran to him. My arms flying around his body as I hugged him tightly. “This is amazing!”

“Yeah,” he shrugged my arms off him. My smile fell as I looked at him, “Let’s go.” He pushed me ahead of him.

My wolf was beginning to go on edge as we walked into the woods, something didn’t feel right. “Luke?” I questioned stopping in my tracks.

“Keep walking Rosaline.” He pushed me, gently. My heart dropped, he only used my full name before we were mates. When I didn’t mean anything to him. I liked when he called me Rosie or Rose.

“Somethings wrong.” I shook my head.

“Nothings wrong. I would have been notified if someone was on our land.” He told me, pushing me again forward.