Chapter Twelve - Miranda

Chapter Twelve- Miranda

_________________

School was easier, probably due to the fact that school was winding down for Christmas break. Which I couldn't be more happy about.

"Holidaze dance is one week away!" A girl happily shouted from the common area, her voice was ignored by everyone as they rushed to get a spot for lunch. She sighed and sat back down at her table, near the doors. I bit my lip and walked over to her.

"Oh." She smiled. "You want to be on the dance committee for your pack?"

"Um.." I hesitated, I just wanted to check out the table not to be drawn into this crazy mess.

"Please. No one from your pack ever helps which means no one gets to go. I know they want to, they're just too damn proud to conjoin dances. School would be easier maybe then."

I had a feeling she was right, maybe my pack would appreciate it. "Sure." I smiled.

"Yay!" She squealed, "I'll meet you after school, the gym." She pointed to the smaller gym to her left. I nodded and made my way out the doors behind her.

After school I made my way into the gym which is where I was met with a group of teenagers. All of them were from Lucas pack, I noticed the girl from the table and she bounded over to me. "I'm so glad you came!" She smiled, stopping a couple feet in front of me, I guess I was the enemy after all.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Perfect. Well come meet everyone." She laughed and gestured me over. They quickly went over their names and I mine before we started planning.

I was cutting out snowflakes out of paper to hang from the ceiling when Miranda, the girl from the table, came over. "What's your idea?" She laughed.

I smiled as she unfolded a snowflake I was finished with, "I'm hanging them from the ceiling with fairy lights."

"That sounds so cute!" She laughed, "Jess is going more of a Christmas theme."

"Like a Christmas tree and stuff?"

Miranda laughed, "Exactly. It's the same every year so there really isn't a lot to do." She bit her lip, "I could help you, you know after everyone leaves."

"Thanks." I smiled. I didn't take any offense at all, I understood the situation. She was also so much kinder than I thought anyone from her pack could be, I mean Lucas was mean and he was my mate. Considering I did do the rejecting, I didn't blame him.

Looking over I heard snickering from the group and I rolled my eyes. Miranda groaned and dropped the snowflake, "I wish I was going to your packs dance, it's so much classier."

Surprised I looked up at her and shook my head to clear my thoughts, "You haven't even seen how it turns out yet. It could be a total failure."

"You don't strike me as the person to fail. I'm sure it'll be perfect." She nodded and then smiled, "I'll see you in a few."

Miranda left and I continued working. I only had a week to get everything ready and I already felt like I was drowning. Why was I doing this again?

Because maybe the pack would appreciate it and accept me back as one of them. That's all I wanted.

Half an hour later the others started to file out, Miranda hanging behind. Once everyone was gone she skipped over to my work station.

"I'm so excited!" She laughed.