Chapter Eleven - Omegas

_________________

Luke led me away from both of our packs land, making our way unto neutral territory. His hand were intertwined with mine and I felt...normal. Like we didn't hate each other.

It was silent as we came to the road, the border for both our packs, Lucas helped me across the street and into the woods. Once we were far enough in that no one could see us from the road, we stopped.

Luke smiled tiredly, "Are you home for good now?"

"I'm not sure." I shrugged, leaving out the part about me being engaged. I'd rather not bring up that.

He nodded and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Why did you leave me alone the other morning?"

Blushing I shrugged again, "I didn't know if you'd regret talking to me."

"I could never regret that." He seemed so vulnerable, maybe he was just really tired, as was I. "Why did you reject me? Did I hurt you?"

This was the question I was afraid of. I was afraid to hurt him, afraid to face the truth. I was scared.

I gulped and his stare burned into mine. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

Lucas seemed slightly defeated but sighed. "Well now I have to sleep besides you for the rest of my life, unless I want to be a Zombie."

"Zombies are pretty cool." I tried to smile. He didn't find it funny and I bit my lip, "So we meet here, every night then?"

"Sounds good to me." Luke sighed, "Let's let the other person know if you can't tho, alright."

I nodded in agreeance and we both laid down on our backs. "Luke?"

"Yeah?" He sighed, folding his arms under his head.

"Thanks." I looked over to study his face in the moonlight. His eyes were closed and I could tell he was almost asleep. Rolling over I felt my eyes prick with tears, Luke and I were right next to each other but we were million miles apart.

The worst part? It was all my fault.

Waking up to the sunshine was refreshing, something about sleeping outside felt so natural. Probably just my wolf talking. "Rose?" His angelic voice whispered. I smiled instantly and pleaded myself not to wake up from this amazing dream. "Rose?"

"Luke?" I asked confused when his scent surrounded me, this wasn't usually in my dreams. My eyes fluttered open and was greeted with Lucas's perfect face.

"I gotta head home." He muttered as he stood up. I groggily rubbed my eyes and watched him began to walk away. He stopped a short distance away and turned back to face me, "I'll see you tonight."

I gave him a smile along with a nod to confirm the plans. "10 o'clock."

He agreed and left. My body was growing accustomed to having him around because right now I felt empty. I stretched before I finally stood up and began my walk back to my house. The sun was just breaking through the trees, so it was still pretty early which made sneaking back into my room so much easier.

Hopping into the shower I washed off Lucas' scent, or I hoped to anyway. I spent the whole day in my room again, patiently waiting for the time I could go and see Lucas. I missed him, weirdly.