fate | vance hopper

vance hopper.

one of the most feared people in our town. no one wanted to fuck with him. and if they did. well i think you can guess.

y/n on the other hand was the exact opposite. y/n was the type of person to smile at almost everyone. she was one if not the nicest person in school.

vance and y/n met at the corner store. vance was trying to beat his high score (again) while y/n was simply grabbing a soda. while walking around y/n and vance locked eyes. though vance was concentrated, he still locked eyes with her.

both of them holding the gaze for a split second. vance had lost and did not beat his high score, but he couldn't really be mad because he had just seen someone as beautiful as an angel.

on the other hand y/n was slightly intimidated. she didn't know why the one and only vance hopper was making eye contact with her but either way she kept looking at him. he was undeniably pretty.

later on y/n and vance crossed paths while vance was beating people up. she didn't know the goons he was beating up but she had figured they probably deserved so she went on her way.

then once again vance and y/n had met, vance playing the pinball machine again of course. but this time he beat his high score. he jumped and cheered when he did. looking around y/n and vance shared glance.

"i keep seeing you around, stalking me are ya?" the blond said to the girl with a small smirk
y/n just grinned "maybe it's fate"

after that the two kept hanging out as friends. the nice bubbly girl, and the mean bad boy had just crossed worlds. both of them experienced things they haven't before.

and after awhile, they had caught feelings. vance denied his feelings, especially when his friends asked. he denied the fact that he would get goosebumps talking to her.

he denied that he got butterflies every time she smiled. oh boy..he was in love.

y/n was the opposite, she knew that she had loved vance early on in the friendship. seeing him grin was the highlight of her day. but she was just too scared of rejection. so she never said anything.

earlier, vance had gotten into a fight (once again), y/n had insisted that she take care of vance. even though vance had won, he still got hurt.

there they were, in y/n's house, in the bathroom. y/n cleaning and bandaging every cut in sight. soft queen played in the back. y/n quietly humming the song while focusing on bandaging up all of vance's wounds.

vance was looking at y/n. carefully looking at all her features. watching her furrow her eyebrows and considerate on wrapping him cuts up.

it was cute, seeing how worried she got when he's in fights, it's cute seeing her smile every time he tells a stupid joke, it's cute seeing her.

"hey y/n?"

the (h/c) girl hums in reply, looking up at his face.

vance looks into her eyes and thinking of the time they first met gazes. vance carefully placed his hand on her cheek and slowly leaned in.

y/n did not expect this. vance hopper had kissed her. the guy that she had been crushing on for weeks, the guy she thought she had never had a chance with had just kissed her.

the two had locked lips, y/n throwing her arms around his neck and vance softly gripping her waist.

the kiss kept going till the two had to break apart for air. after the locked eyes. again.

vance hopper and y/n l/n we're dating. the news spread like wildfire throughout the school. everyone and their mom knew about the news.

some people didn't really believe it. the bubbly nice girl and the mean bad boy had started dating. everyone was shocked and also confused.

at the start everything was going good. well vance didn't really like the thought about everyone know his business but was only okay with it because of y/n

he had put up with the constant "drama" for her.
quickly y/n noticed vance was sort of..distant.

she didn't want to pry but she didn't like the thought of vance not actually liking her.

"vance?" the girl had asked him while sitting next to each other of the couch, watching some lame cartoon.

vance looked at her.

"well um, can i asked you something"

vance nods in response turning his whole body towards her. "look i don't want to pry or anything. i really like you, i do. but recently you seem kind of well..distant."

the blonds face drops. he didn't mean to be distant. i mean he loves this girl and he didn't want to upset her or anything. but deep down. vance knew why he was acting this way.

vance had always been closed off, towards almost everyone. y/n was his first serious relationship, and the first person he loved romantically. but he was scared, scared he might lose her or hurt her with him fighting or getting too hurt. he didn't want her to go through that emotional pain..

"i love you so much." he kissed her forehead "i don't want to hurt you, im scared you will become scared of me when i fight. i don't want to lose you like that. you're the first person i've loved this way. i can't lose you now."

y/n looked at him with soft eyes, seeing the blond tear up she pulls him in for a hug that felt like it lasted centuries.

vance listened to her heart beat and thought about her, her smile, laugh, jokes, everything. he knew that she was the one for him.

y/n pet his head and gave him light kisses on the top of his head. she praised him under her breathe for being strong and said loving stuff.

y/n loved vance, and vance loved y/n.
maybe it was fate.

——————————————————————————
word count: 1039
first post! next up, robin <3