apple cider |bruce yamada

y/n had liked bruce for years.

y/n and bruce yamada had been best friends for years. they became friends in 2nd grade after y/n had showed off in some baseball game.

she hit hard and ran fast. that's what bruce liked. he liked her courage and her fierceness. after that they became best friends. constant play dates, sleep overs, and hanging out.

when they were in middle school everything changed. obviously both have changed over the years. physically and mentally. unfortunately with that the two became separated because of friends, interests, etc. bruce was the first to go in the friendship.

constantly ditching the girl for baseball and other friends. then y/n just decided to stop caring about the one person she cared too much about.

but when they had turned 15 everything changed. y/n and bruce were put in the same class and assigned partners for the year. they were surprised, it had been a couple years since they've talked.

one thing that bruce never told y/n or anyone in fact is thy he always felt bad about it. she missed his best friend...and crush. of course bruce never told y/n about his feelings towards her because he never wanted to ruin anything they had, friendship wise.

but with that he lost her anyway. but this partner arrangement may just be the thing that can help get her back into his life.

"what a coincidence huh?" the girl said in a slightly monotone voice. with that bruce snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the girl. she looked a whole lot different. her hair was messy and he style was way cooler then he had remembered.

she snapped her fingers in his face. "earth to bruce, you there stupid" she said slightly annoyed.

"oh uh yeah sorry. but yeah definitely a coincidence that we're together again." and with that he gave a big grin. she smiled back softly and continued on the work up ahead.

"you and your partner with be starting off with a project....blah blah blah" the words faded out of memory. the two kept glancing at each other. distracted by each other's beauty.

"okay class is dismissed" the teacher said in an annoyed tone. and with that everyone got up and headed to the next class. while walking y/n felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around to see bruce.

"so wanna come over later and talk about the project. we can discuss ideas and plans. you can even stay for dinner. my parents really miss you." the girl just smiled, nodded and continued walking leaving bruce standing there like an idiot with a huge smile on his face.

later that day y/n came over. bruce's parent we're confused but very happy that she had returned after years of bruce and the girl being separated as friends. of course his parents went all out with (you favorite food) in celebration of the two talking again.

while his parents were cooking. the two went to bruce's room. the girl looked around as bruce set everything up. when looking around she saw trophies, metals, lots of pictures. even some of her!

she smiled at the old pictures of the duo and realized how much she had missed the boy. she sat on his bed facing him and they started discussing. but not about the project..

"you like the pictures? i found a lot stored in the closet. so i decided to put them up." the boy said with an excited tone. "they're lovely. i remember all of them just like it was yesterday" she smiled

"you know i really missed you y/n. it wasn't cool of me to ditch you like that. and i'm really sorry." he looked away sadly, almost like he was gonna cry.

the girl softly took him in her arms and hugged him. he smelled of apple cider. she hugged him as he hugged her back and started crying. "the only reason i stopped talking to you is because i rejected my feelings for you because i didn't want to ruin our friendship. but that was a huge mistake because i lost you anyway." he said in a shaky voice.

y/n took his face and looked into his eyes. "bruce yamada, i have liked you for years. i have loved you my whole life and i refused to find someone else because i love you so much." and with that she planted a soft kiss on his lips.

bruce pulls away after a little and looks at her shocked. all she did was smiled and she realizes his parents saw everything. "MOM WHAT ARE YOY DOI-" shorty after his parents ran out squealing about how happy they were.

bruce hid his face in his hands. he was so embarrassed. y/n didn't care though. she was just happy her crush liked her back. after all these years of waiting for him, he finally came around.
————————————————————————-
heheh i love bruce sm he's such a cutie. this fic was cute (i think <3)
word count: 854