nightmares | robin, vance, & bruce

it's been 1 month.

the time didn't make sense. how has it been a month since the 3 friends of y/n had been kidnapped and murdered. how had it been so long already?

y/n had become depressed, distant, and over all, a mess to say the least. during the day everything would remind her that the boy were really gone.

she wouldn't see vance playing pinball everyday, she would be with bruce at every single one of his baseball games, and she wouldn't be able to see horror movie with robin anymore. they were gone.

"it's okay y/n" gwen said to the girl. y/n was crying once again at the blake's house. y/n had seen a picture of the boys in the newspaper which set off a huge emotional trigger. gwen being supportive, hugged her and stroked her head.

finney was getting snack and drinks from the fridge to make a the time a little bit better. the three had become inseparable from all of this. y/n had been at the blake's for weeks.

at night y/n was sleeping on the floor next to gwen. she drifted to sleep thinking about the boys. "i miss you" a familiar voice said. y/n opened her eyes and found herself in a parking lot? looking around she saw robin, vance and bruce. all smiling at her

this is a memory. she thought. "y/n do you remember that time i kicked your ass in the fair game?" vance said laughing super hard. "shut up blondy didn't you slip right on your ass after that?" the blond got quiet as the dark haired duo started rolling on the ground

"holy shit man i forgot about that" said robin while still laughing. "i remember that, he ran away so quickly!" said bruce as they continued laughing. vance had enough and punched both of their arms to attempt to stop their laughter.

but they ended up laughing harder at his angry reaction. "didn't you fall literally the day after while trying to sneak out with us?" said vance to bruce. bruce's face immediately went into a straight face.

"i busted my ass for you idiots" he said rolling his eyes as robin and vance high fived. the three look at the girl who had been giggling the whole time. "robin i don't know why you're still laughing when that same time we were sneaking out your were caught at the movie theater"

robin glared at her as the three started laughing. "SHUT UP THAT WAS THE ONLY TIME, BRUCE GOT CAUGHT TWICE, VANCE GOT KICKED OUT LIKE 3 TIMES AND YOU WERE CAUGHT CRYING" robin expected them to stop but they didn't.

they were laughing at him for getting so angry. "im gonna kill you y/n" he said getting up. y/n realized she was gonna die so the three got up too. vance picked up the girl and ran with bruce. the three got a head start while robin was behind yelling at them.

"Y/N!" gwen said then the girl finally woke up. she looked around. she was having fun in her dream with her friends again. and now she was here. without her friends, again.

"finally jesus, i thought you were dying" gwen yanked the girl up and pulled her to the kitchen where gwen's dad was cooking. he wasn't really good at cooking so y/n had to help him most of the time.

after the four ate, finney, y/n and gwen went out on their bikes to go to school. y/n had dreaded school but promised to keep trying. while riding the siblings were talking, y/n was mainly just taking in the scenery. sometimes seeing the missing posters on the ground or still hung up.

everyone knew they were dead, they just didn't feel like taking them down. once they got to school, y/n went about her day in school, classes, work, and a bunch of other stuff.

later y/n went home for the first time in awhile, her parents knew she was grieving so they didn't mind that she was at the blake's a lot. and she would call every day so it was okay.

when she walked in her mom came and hugged her, she hugged back tightly. "hi baby" her mom said in a loving tone. "hi mom, how was last week?" she asked, she hadn't been home for awhile. "it was fine honey, enough about me. how have you been holding up?" she smiled at the girl patting her head. "i've been sad but getting better..i think. i'm gonna take a shower." and with that the girl went up to her room.

her room had not been touched for awhile. with the exception with some gifts from family, friends and other people. she went to her closet and pulled out some clothes and set them down on her bed, then went into the bathroom and showered.

after awhile she came out and changed. she went to her shelf and looked at all the pictures she had. they were mostly of vance, bruce and robin. stupid pictures at random places. she smiled and remembered where and when every single picture was from.

she went down for dinner then went back up after. y/n laid down and rested once again. "FUCK" she heard vance say. she opened her eyes again to find her and the boys at grab and go.

vance was playing pinball once again. the three surrounding him with slushies in hand watching vance for hours. "my feet hurt" bruce complained
as they had been standing in the same place for over 2 hours. "shut it will ya, i'm trying to concentrate."
with that vance kept playing. his eyes and brain all on the game.

vance had been trying to beat his high score for weeks now. the three had to buy something while they were there since he was taking so long.

and he did it. finally. he finally beat his record. vance yelled so loud "YES FINALLY" as he jumped around. the three other got excited jumping too. vance began to hug the three very tightly.

they all went out to celebrate at the diner. they went and sat down and ordered some fries and shakes. the celebrated with a 'cheers' and hit their glasses together. they all laughed and talked for hours. "finally beat that game. thank god. i don't know if i could stand there for any longer" robin said with a sassy tone

vance was in a good mood so he didn't really take it personally. the three stayed there till closing then all too a late biking trip to a lake. they threw rocks into the water and talked for hours on end. and even didn't talk for a little. they could sit in silence for awhile and have no complaints, it was comforting.

y/n slowly woke up looking around. seeing the boys around her? they all looked bad, bloody and dusty but they were there. "we miss you y/n" bruce said. this was still a dream or was it. she couldn't tell but she was happy to see them. "if its worth anything, i picked the dreams" said robin "i picked my favorite moments of us. i hoped you liked them."

with that y/n started to tear up. "no no don't cry" said vance and hugged the girl as the two other boys wiped her tears. and joined the hug. "we're gonna be gone soon" said bruce "but that's okay! we'll always be here even when you can't see us." said robin in a sad tone. "no please, don't leave me" said the girl.

the boys looked at each other "you won't need us" said the blond smiling at her sadly. "unfortunately this is our last time talking, but we'll be in dreams sometimes." said robin as he held her hand. and with that they all held her as she cried. then eventually waking up to the sun rising.

————————————————————————-
hope this wasn't too bad. longest fic i've ever wrote lol 🙏
word count: 1362