in my head | robin arellano

why him? y/n thought. y/n was an unpopular girl at school. she had friends like gwen and finney but she didn't have many, mainly by choice.

robin arellano, one of the most well known kids at school due to his ways of fighting. it was well known around the school that he found anyone that wanted to fight.

robin and y/n became friends not too long ago. they connected instantly, finney had introduced them. finney was a good wingman. he had known about robins crush on y/n for some time now.

robin was actually just too shy to say anything to her. so he would rant to finney about it, constantly. finney being the hood friend he is of course helped the two get closer. saturday, y/n was invited by gwen to watch a movie with her, finney and one of finneys friends.

when they met up robin and y/n were introduced. "y/n this is robin but i guess you already know who he is" finney said sort of awkwardly. y/n just smiled and shook his hand. robin was surprised by the gesture but shook her hand too.

they were in line waiting to get some snacks. finney and gwen were talking leaving robin and y/n standing awkwardly. "so y/n what music do you like?" robin said wanted to start conversation.

"i like queen, fleetwood mac, the beetles and some more" she said smiling while continuing to rant about music. robin didn't mind though. he like hearing her voice and interests. "oh sorry i went on a rant, you're probably annoyed" she said rubbing the back of her neck.

robin shook his head "no no it was cute, keep going. if you want of course." she smiled and shook her head as gwen and finney finally got the snack. they all headed to their seats. y/n say between gwen and robin and finney sat on the other side of robin.

gwen and finney were watching the movie but robin and y/n were kind of uninterested. so they played some quiet games like rock paper scissors. they whispered a little but not loud enough for finn or gwen to notice.

after the movie y/n and robin exchanged numbers and continued to talk on the phone all night. the next day they were both exhausted. they both got sleep but not enough because they were talking for most of the night. the two walked home with gwen and finn.

they sat on the couch while gwen and finn were talking and watching some cartoons. the two were really sleepy. they leaned back. y/n laid her head on robins shoulder. he smiled laying his head on her head falling asleep as well.

finn and gwen didn't realize it til after any hour. seeing the two sleeping next to each other. gwen grabbed her camera from her room and took a picture of the two.

later they woke up the two and told them it was time to head home. robin walked y/n home after their nap. robin was feeling really happy even if he didn't show it. y/n was also happy. "see ya y/n, i would call you later but i don't want to risk your beauty sleep again" robin smiled.

y/n playfully rolled her eyes and hugged him. she whispered in his ear "thanks for being my pillow" she walked into her house. robin stood there in shock. he did not expect that.

then next day at school finney and gwen were playfully teasing the two about their nap the day before. y/n and robin both just laughed with them not thinking too much about it. all day robin couldn't stop thinking about y/n.

he couldn't get over her, especially now since he's fallen for her even more. they've gotten closer and he knew he wouldn't stop liking her for awhile. y/n started feeling the same.

though the two had not known each other for long she couldn't get him out of her head. his smile, his hair, his laugh, his everything. she had fallen hard. and she couldn't stop herself.

why him? she thought. she didn't really understand way he stood out so much. y/n had not liked anyone since elementary school so why didn't she like him? maybe because he treated her so nicely, he respectful and kind and over all an amazing person.

she now understood why she liked him. because he was perfect.
—————————————————————————
tbh i don't really like this but i love robin so ofc i had to write for my boy again 🫶 also sorry for not posting in a bit i was tired n unmotivated 💔 let me know what character i should do next 💪
word count: 802