June 10, 2022

Alexa•

I wake up, feeling the familiar strong arms around me. It's comforting. The sun rises, and directly into the room. It makes Jamison's brown hair, look auburn. I love it.

I savor this perfect moment. It feels so normal. Like nothing ever happened between him and I. Like we haven't spent seven years apart.

As if the moment couldn't get any more perfect, I see a tired Evie, wander her way into the room, and smile.

She walks over to my side of the bed, and climbs up. She cuddles into the covers, her small body is warm, and soft.

"Morning momma." She quietly says, looking over at Jamison.

"Good morning Evie. Did you sleep okay?" I whisper, as Jamison holds me tighter.

"Mhm. Is daddy still sleeping?" She asks me. I softly nod my head.

"Yeah, so we gotta be quiet, okay?" She smiles, and just snuggles in more. I hold her in my arms, brushing a blonde hair off of her face.

Jamison moves closer to me, my back pressed against his stomach. His breaths are slow, and even.

"Good morning, love." He whispers into my neck, his voice tired, deep, and raspy. It sends chills down my spine.

"Good morning."I reply, as Evie sits up.

"Hi daddy." She smiles, looking at him.

"Morning pumpkin. You sleep alright?" He asks her.

"Yeah." Evie smiles, as she squeezes between us.

We all stay in bed for at least another hour. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

The normality I've felt, even in the last 24 hours, in unreal. There's no tension, and most important, Evie feels so comfortable. Like this is what her life is supposed to be like.

"Do you guys love each other?" She questions, rubbing her hand across Jamison's face.

"I love your momma," Jamison kisses her cheek. A huge smile spreads across both of their faces. It makes me melt.

"And I love your daddy," I reply, kissing Evies cheek.

"Does that mean we can all live together now?"

"Well, sweetheart, that's not quite a possibility yet, but someday. Someday soon." Jamison tells her. She frowns.

"You said that last time." She claims.

"This time I really mean it kiddo."