October 27, 2025

Jamison•

Evie runs around with a few girls from her dance class, waiting for Alexa to bring out the cake for her ninth birthday. It's crazy how quickly she's grown up.

She's blossomed into a wonderful girl, and has been nothing but an angel. Of course, she has her moments, but she's the perfect little girl.

"Mom, do you need help?" Evie asks, stepping away from her friends.

"I'm okay honey." Alexa smiles. I have a hard time remembering what it was like to not have it in my life. Those memories almost feel like a dream now.

Alexa sets the light pink cake down, a big '9' on it. Evie smiles, hugging her mother.

"Happy birthday pumpkin," I kiss her forehead, as I light her birthday candles. As we sing, all she does it smile.

It hurts how big she's gotten, in such a short amount of time. Before we know it, she's going to be in middle school, and hanging out with the big kids. I don't want her to grow any more than she already has.

She blows out her candles, after making a wish; Alexa and I watching our sweet little girl and her friends, have the time of their lives.

"Lex, you think we should tell her now?" I ask my now fiancée.

"I don't know; Im nervous. What if she doesn't take it well?" She questions, leaning her head into my chest.

"This is something she's been begging us for for two years. She'll take it just fine." I comfort Alexa.

"You're right. God I don't know why I'm so nervous." She giggles, as Evie runs towards us, smiling.

She joins in my and Alexa's side hug.

"Thank you guys," Evie happily says.

"Sure thing Kiddo. Your mom and I actually have one more surprise for you." I tell her, as Alexa pulls out a small box.

"Oh my goodness," Evie smiles, as she takes the box from her mother.

"Go ahead and open it." Alexa encourages her.

We watch the reaction on her face change, as she sees what's in the box. A small picture, of her brand new sibling.

"Wait, really?" She asks, a smile pinned her face, a few teeth missing, makes it even cuter.

"Really!" Alexa hugs Evie.

"I'm gonna be a sister?"

"Sure thing. And you're going to be the best sister ever." I pull her up into my arms. She's gotten bigger since I first met her, but she'll always be my little girl.