The Red Obsession (5)

Siddharth suddenly got up.. Avneet was surprised.. She grabbed his hand..

Avu: Babe? I'm talking to you! Where are you going?

Sid: I thought it was our date night but no you are more interested in scolding me..

Avu(sad): Siddharth why are you being so arrogant these days? I'm feeling tensed.. Are you okay?

Sid: Avneet we should go now..

Avu: Siddharth what are you saying?

Sid: Avneet look, let's meet tomorrow in this cafe only and in this time only.. Please leave me alone..

Avu: Am I disturbing you Siddharth?

Siddharth didn't answer.. He went away.. Tears welled up in Avneet's eyes.. But suddenly her phone ranged..

She quickly wiped her tears, cleared her voice and picked up the call..

Avu: Yes Dr. Taarika?

Taarika: Avneet we found something really wired from Ashi's purse!

Avu: Carry on..

Taarika: We found a piece of paper in her purse.. It's an paper from a dairy, maybe.. And the thing is that someone, the murderer or may be she herself drew innumerable lines on the paper, with a lipstick.. red lipstick..

Avu: I see.. As far we have known that Ashi was hateful to red.. She never liked red.. But looks like the murderer is obsessed with red..

Taarika: Looks like...

Avu: May be after Ashi's death the murderer changed her clothes, repainted her nails, etcetera..

Taarika: May be.. ah yes we got something more.. Looks like something was written on the paper but the murderer had shown his drawing skills so much that now the writing is out of sight.. But still, we will try our best..

Avu: Thank you, but Taarika can a women be so powerful to grab out ones eyes in just a jiffy?

Taarika: See actually it's not possible but in this case everything is extraordinary!!

Avu: Very true! Okay see ya later!

The call ended.. Avneet got up and went...

Siddharth's side:

He was home, sitting on a chair.. The room was dark.. Only a candle was burning on the table front of Siddhath.. He was continously moving his index finger, like a pendulum upon the fire... He muttered..

Sid's pov: Avneet, you care me? Yes? No? Yes? No? Yes?

You see no one loves me.. you also scolded me.. right?

Avneet.... Avneet.... Avneet.... Avneet.....

Siddharth was continously muttering Avneet's name.. He then put his head down on the table...

Next morning:

The sun raises as the CID team reached the forensic lab..

ACP: The case is very complicated! The clues are also very less..

Shalunke: Yes, let me show you the piece of paper..

He brought the piece of paper and showed..

ACP: Ahh right something is written!

Taarika: We are trying to figure out..

Abhi: Hurry up please!!

ACP: I think we should call Shagun ones again! Avneet call him!

Avu: Yes ma'am!

Avneet called Shagun:

Shagun: Hello!

Avu: Hello senior inspector Avneet from CID speaking! Shagun we are really sorry to disturb you again, but we really need you help..

Shagun: Yes ma'am, carry on, I will try my best!!

Avu: Can you meet us? If yes then come to the CID beauro today evening..

Shagun: Okay ma'am!!!

The call ended...

In the evening*

Siddharth's side...

He was sitting under the table... He was holding a red nail paint in his hand and was looking at it with teary eyes...

He then opened the nail polish, took the brush out and held it in front of his eyes... His eye lids were still...

But he started shivering and the brush fell from his hands...

He held his knees and started crying vigorously...

After sometime he lifted his head.. and looked at the nail polish and suddenly started laughing...

But his expressions were changing frequently.. He again started crying and again laughed..

Suddenly he looked around in rage.. He smirked and ran into his room and shut the door..

CID beauro:

Shagun came...

Avu: We are again sorry to disturb you.. Can you please tell how was Ashi talking to you last time?

Shagun: Ma'am like always..

Avu: think carefully and then say..

Shagun: Oh, yes ma'am she was little bit nervous I guess.. She also told me that she was feeling that someone was in her room...

Avu: Then what you told?

Shagun: I told that may be it was her illusion.. As she used to watch crime series too much...

Avu: I see.. you may leave..

Shagun left.. Abhishek sighed..

Abhi: His statement didn't help much..

Avu: Hmmmm, this case has very less clues.. this is the biggest problem..

Abhi: Right... BTW Avneet what about your last night date with Siddharth?

Avu(sighed): It didn't went well!! We have planned to meet today again..

Abhi: Oh No.. Best of luck for today!

Avu: Thanks Dude!!

The meet time:

Avneet and Siddharth entered the café!

[Hey sweet peoples, hope you liked this chapter!!! Let's see what will happen next]

Who is the murderer?

Who drew the lines on the paper?

Why Siddharth was crying?

Is SKM Engineering College good?

How will CID solve the case?