The Favorite Color (17)

I ran to Siddharth and took him in my lap, hugged him tight... I could feel his heart was beating faster... He suddenly got unconscious... I quickly came back home... I called the doctor but no way... He was senseless for four days... That four days of my life were most unpredictable.. I was scared... I could not let that little boy happen anything.. And I tried to find Abhishek hard but I couldn't... The police were also left with no clue... That day the factory of Nigam Enterprises were set on fire by someone! The Nigam's were just cleaned off in a single night!Till then I had set my mind that I have to take Siddharth's responsibility for life! I would try to give him everything he lost! But alas! At the end of fourth day when he got back sense, he was totally changed... He stopped talking to everyone... He would sit in a room and close the door for whole day... Mushkan was so sad at his drastic change... From a boy who used to be restless if someone resist him from talking changed into a person who seems like he doesn't know how to talk.. He couldn't eat much... I could feel, he was in depression... Can you think of it? A little boy of just six years wouldn't talk to anyone, wouldn't eat or sleep on time... I and Mushkan used to try whole day to feed him, to make him sleep but he would be angry on us.. After that eleven years passed... Now Siddharth was much better... He used to talk to Mushkan well... And he was much better... though that jolly Siddharth never came back again... They used to go to school together.. come back home and have fun... He had no friends accept Mushkan.. And Mushkan was also very very possessive about him... In school he used to protect him from everything... She never let him feel alone... And gradually Siddharth also started sharing with me everything... Mushkan and I created a protective shield around him... We were always busy thinking that what will make him feel good... But in these years I noticed a change which was strange... Better I would say that he was a child so we couldn't know him before...

Abhi: What change?

*suddenly Avneet's phone ranged*

Avu: Oh! It's Siddharth! Sorry ma'am but I think I should pick it up!

Naina: Siddharth? OKAY sure!

Avu: Thanks!

Avu: Yep dear?

Sid: [faintly] Av-v-ne-et

Avu: Sidd? What's the matter? Are you okay?

Sid:..........[no answer]

Avu: Sidd?? Siddu?? Baby? Are you fine??? Hello??? Wait wait... I'm coming... wait.....

Abhi: What's the matter???

Avu: Idk Sidd was talking so vaguely... And now he isn't answering... I've to go... Sorry ma'am I've to go!

Abhi: Has his fever increased?

Avu: I don't know!! But I have to go!!!

Abhi: Okay Okay!! Go...

Avu: Ma'am I'm sorry! I've to go! It's urgent! You please tell Abhishek the whole matter...

And then she ran from there... She was very panicked... She kept calling Siddharth until she reached home.. [Siddharth didn't pick her call]

Avu: Sidd???? [Rushing inside the room]

Sidd was lying on the bed.. Avneet approached slowly towards him.. She was a little scared... Siddharth was lying on the bed by putting the bed cover on his whole body... His face wasn't visible...

Avneet slowly removed the bed sheet...

Avu: Sidd?

Sid: Oh!

Avu: What happened? You called me and didn't talk? Are you fine baby?

Sid: [thought something] I called you? Oh.... mmmmm... yes....

Avu: What's the matter? You look so pale...

Sid: Headache...

Avu: aww shit! Okie just wait for a min... let me change my clothes... then I will massage you...

Sid: Yep sure...

Avneet changed her clothes and came... Siddharth was in closed eyes.. Avneet pulled the curtains to make the room a little dark as Siddharth was having headache...

After changing the clothes Avneet came to Siddharth and started massaging him...

Siddharth looked at Avneet and saw her dress...

There was a little light in the room... but Avneet's dress colour was visible...

She was wearing a red top and a red shorts under it...

Avneet noticed him staring at her dress... He was looking so carefully at her... He was staring at every details of the dress with fascinated eyes...

Avu: [awkward] Babe... what are you starting at?

Sid: [Cold and excited voice] Your dress... It looks beautiful on you...

Avu: [awkward] What? It's just a ordinary dress Sidd...

Sid: No.. No the color... red... my favorite color.. yours too... right?

Avu: No but red isn't my favorite color... I like black... I wear red very often...

Sid: [sad] but you used to like red... Very much... yeah... very much...... you are lying... you like red.. Yep! You like red!

Then he suddenly broke down in tears.. Avneet was shocked... She never saw him crying.. Avneet hugged him tight and rubbed his forehead to relax him..

Avu: [tensed] Baby... baby... why are you doing like this...????

Sid: [sobbing] You are lying... you are lying...

Avu: OK.. ok... I was lying... I love red... calm down sweetheart... don't do like this... Don't cry... Remember you were having breathing problem? Calm down....

After listening that Avneet loves red, Siddharth suddenly started laughing... He was crying still laughing... He was sobbing tremendously still laughing so hard... As though he lost everything though got everything....

Avneet was confused... shocked.... She grabbed him more tightly... She was speechless...

Slowly Siddharth's laughing and crying stopped... still a little sobbing...

Sid:[unclear voice] My head is throbbing...

Siddharth was slacking off  slowly... Avneet's hands were trembling... though she started massaging his head lovingly.. Siddharth slowly slowly slept on her chest and safe arms like a little baby...

Hey sweet peoples, hope you liked this chapter!!! Let's see what will happen next]