Chapter Two

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: Back to the Past

Chapter Two: Why Don't Our Powers Work?
Phoebe Thunderman POV

I slowly fluttered my eyes open as I slowly regained consciousness. I rolled over on my back and began to scan my surroundings. I sighed. I was in my mostly-blue room, laying down on my turquoise bed. I had just woken up from a really good, realistic dream. It felt as if I had just sent home from a tropical vacation, now forced to go back into reality. As time passed, my dream suddenly became a haze. I could remember it, but vaguely. I remember that there was a part where all of my friends and I were at this amusement park, laughing at each others' jokes and chatting away. It was now Tuesday, May 5th, and it has been months since I have seen my friends. I hope that they are doing alright. I haven't talked to them since we visited the Hathaway's and Preston's in New Orleans.

"What time is it?" I thought to myself.

I had no clock to look at, so I looked over at my phone instead, which was laying on top of my white dresser.

"Ughhhh...," I complained in my head, "I'm too tired to get up and get it! Wait, I have super powers! How could I be so forgetful? Wow, even smart people like me can be dumb sometimes!"

I took my left hand from out underneath of my blanket and stuck out my first to fingers and pointed them at my MePhone. I then raised my fingers higher into the air in an attempt to float my phone up into the air. For some odd reason, it remained idol. My phone did not budge. Out of reflexes, I tried it again. Still, my phone did not move. Starting to feel panicky, I quickly hopped up out of my bed and faced my nightstand. I blew on it, trying to freeze it with my freeze breath. Nothing but carbon dioxide escaped my mouth. I was starting to get really scared now. I blew on my nightstand again, this time trying to melt it with my heat breath. Again, nothing came out.

"What's going on?" I thought to myself, starting to panic, "Is this just another one of Max's dumb pranks? Did he put that anklet that prevents me from using my super powers on me?"

I looked down at my long, pink pajama pants and pulled the legs up, revealing my ankles. I felt my heart in my throat. No anklet. I let go of the legs of my pants, causing them to hide my ankles back up. I burst through my white bedroom and into the hallway.

"MOM, DAD, CARLY, MAX, NORA, BILLY!!!" I cried as I ran down the stairs and into the living room, "THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME!!!"

Within a minute, all of my family members, except for Max who somehow managed to sleep through my shouting, were all gathered around me.

"OH MY GOSH, WHAT'S WRONG, PHOEBE!?!?" Mom asked me, her brown eyes filled with worry.

"Why did ya have to yell so loudly?" Nora questioned, seeming annoyed, "It's only 5:00 in the morning!"

"Nora! Be nice to your sister!" Dad scolded her, "She might be in danger! She said that there was something wrong with her."

"Sorry..."

"So, what's wrong with you, Phoebe?" Billy asked me, "Are you ok?"

"NO, I AM NOT OK!!!" I answered, still feeling scared.

An insulted look came across Billy's face. "Geez, Ms. Grumpy Pants! I just asked if you were ok!"

"Billy, you don't understand! MY SUPER POWERS AREN'T WORKING!!!"

Just so my family would believe me, I made an attempt to lift a book that was laying on top of the brown coffee table up into the air with my telekinesis powers. Like my previous tries, nothing happened.

"OH MY GOSH!!!" Carly cried, "Mom, Hank, what do we do!?!? Do we need to take her to a hospital!?!?"

Mom, Dad, Billy, and Nora all scowled at Carly and I.