Chapter Thirteen

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: Back to the Past

Chapter Thirteen: Thank Heavens That You're Ok!
Nona POV

I could hear the roar sirens and see flashing, red and blue lights as I pulled up to this two-story house with a huge fenced-in backyard in the police car that I was getting a lift in. The fence was so huge that I hardly see anything in it. Plus, I was sitting down in the back of a police car and there was no way that it could be an inch over four feet. But, that fence was huge! It had to be at least seven-feet-tall!

"Are you sure that this is where your granddaughter's friend told you to go, m'am?" The policeman who was driving the car asked me.

"I'm pretty sure that it is," I answered, "Why?"

"We're just making sure," the policeman who was sitting in the passenger's seat.

I was searching for Cat with about ten police officers when I had received the call. We were just about to go up to another house and ask the people who lived there if they saw her when I had heard a loud, "Rrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg!" Startled, I jumped up into the air.

"Are you ok, m'am?" A tall policeman with brown hair and brown eyes asked me.

"What's wrong?" A policewoman with blonde hair and blue eyes asked me.

"Nothing's wrong!" I said honestly, "It's just that somebody is trying to call me, and I didn't expect my phone to go off like that!"

I quickly pulled my Pear Phone out of my red, leather purse. "Excuse me, officers, but I have to take this call."

"Oh ok, that's fine," a muscular policeman with dark-brown hair and brown eyes responded.

"Yeah, take your time, miss!" a policewoman with reddish-orange hair and cat-green eyes told me.

"Thank you," I thanked them.

I held my phone up to my face to see that the caller ID was unknown. Having a strange feeling that this call was important, I tapped on the green answer button.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Nona?" A familiar male voice replied.

I suddenly realized that that was Audrey Parker-Nichols, a good friend of mine

"AUDREY!?!?"

"Yep, that's my name!"

"Oh my gosh, I know I just talked to you when you told me about the storm that destroyed your house, but we hardly talk! So what's going on?"

"Nona, I found your granddaughter, Cat!"

I couldn't believe it. This had to be a dream. After a year of searching, my beloved granddaughter was finally found.

"What is it?" A policeman with blond hair and green eyes asked me, concerned.

"MY FRIEND FOUND HER!!!" I exclaimed with excitement.

"Really!?!?" A policeman with light-brown hair and blue eyes asked, sounding excited for me, "Where is she?"

"I'm about to find that out."

"Audrey, where are you?" I asked into the phone.

"In the backyard of this two-story house," she replied, "We found her locked up in a cage in a shed!"

"They found her in a shed in a backyard of a two-story house!" I told the police officers.

All of the officer's eyes widened.