Chapter Twelve

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: Back to the Past

Chapter Twelve: How Did I Get Here?
Cat Valentine POV

I woke up with a start when I heard a loud, "CRASH!!!" Alarmed, I sat right up and looked to my left. Something had created a huge hole in the wall and Max Russo, Alex, Justin, Mr. and Mrs. Russo, Carly, Freddie, Gibby, Spencer, Tori, Jade, Rex, Robbie, Andre, Beck, Frankie, Taylor, Ms. Hathaway, Nora, Billy, Max Thunderman, Phoebe, Dr. Colosso, Mr. and Mrs. Thunderman, Piper, Charlotte, Jasper, Henry, Captain Man, and eight people that I did not recognize(I assumed that since the Hathaway's were there, among those eight people were Miles, Louie, and Mr. Preston) were peering through it. I looked around at my surroundings. I started to become nervous when I had realized that I was no longer in my comfortable bed that is in the room that Sam and I share, but instead inside of a metal cage with bars in a gigantic shed. I knew exactly where I was. The only problem was that I had no idea how I got here. I wasn't just in any shed- I was in the shed that Nora Dershlit, Linda, Mack, Paul, and Steve put Taylor, Frankie, and me in when they had kidnapped us that one time about a year ago. But honestly, how the heck did I get here? Did Nora and her friends kidnap me over night while I was sound asleep? If so, how did my friends find me so quickly? Was this all a deja vu dream of some sort? I gave my left arm a quick pinch with the fingers on my right arm. I screamed out in pain.

This was no dream. This was real life.

"OH MY GOD, CAT!!!" I heard a boy with brown hair and blue eyes cry.

The boy sounded exactly like Miles.

"Dad, crawl through the hole, crush the lock on Cat's cage, and get her out of there!" Phoebe ordered.

"Is that lock made out of titanium too?" Mr. Thunderman questioned.

"No, from what I can remember, you were able to crush the locks on Cat, Taylor, and Frankie's cages, so we all assumed that they weren't."

"Oh, ok," Mr. Thunderman replied, sounding a bit confused.

"Why does Mr. Thunderman sound confused?" I asked myself in my head, "I know that I'm very confused right now, but why does he sound like he doesn't remember happened the night that Nora Dershlit and her friends kidnapped Frankie, Taylor, and me?"

I judged by where we all were right now, the way that everybody was acting, and the worried expressions on everybody's faces that whatever was going on right now was very serious.

Following his oldest daughter's orders, Mr. Thunderman crawled through the hole on the side of the shed wall. Like he did the last time, he ended up not landing on his feet and falling onto the hard ground. But like the superhero he is, Mr. Thunderman quickly got back up and rushed over to me. Since there was daylight, unlike the last time, Mr. Thunderman was able to find the cage that I was trapped inside of without Mrs. Thunderman having to project a light from the center of her palm, for him. Using his super strength, Mr. Thunderman crushed the large, sliver lock in his fist and opened my cage, setting me free. After that, he led me to the hole and lifted me through it. Once I was out of the shed, Mr. Thunderman climbed back out of the hole himself. Again, he ended up having some trouble and fell onto the grass, but got back up onto his feet.

"CAT, ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?!?" Carly asked, clearly concerned, "What did they do to you? Why did you scream like that?"

"I'm fine, Carly," I assured her, "I only screamed like that to see if this was all just a dream. And what did who do to me?"

"What do you mean by, 'and what did who do to you?' I'm clearly talking about those psychos, Nora Dershlit, Linda, Mack, Paul, and Steve! Wait, did you just call me Carly?"