Chapter Seven

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: Back to the Past

Chapter Seven: Why Are You Kidnapping Us?
Tori Vega POV

"Hey, what's up, Tori?" Andre asked me as he, Beck, Robbie, Rex, and Jade approached me.

It was now close to 8:00 in the morning here in Los Angeles and I was just walking down the concrete pathway that led to the front doors of the high school that I attend, Hollywood Arts.

"Yeah, what's up?" Beck, Robbie, and Rex all chimed in.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted my best friends as I stopped and turned around so that I was now facing them.

I paused for a moment. I noticed that Jade was ignoring me once again.

"What?" I asked her, "No, 'what's up'?"

"The sky is up," Jade answered coldly, "You'll be up there pretty soon if you don't stop talking to me."

"Well, looks like someone is in a bad mood today!" Rex exclaimed.

"Jade, stop being mean to Tori!" Beck ordered, defending me.

"Oh, don't worry, Beck, she'll come right back down," Jade said, glaring at me, "But, she might be asleep for awhile once she does."

"Jade, why are you always so mean to me?"

"It's just how I am."

"I know that you're mean to everyone, but you seem to be even meaner to me! What did I do?"

"You annoy me; that's what you do!"

"How? How do I annoy you?"

"You just being here annoys me enough."

Just as I was about to say a really good comeback that I have been saving for awhile now, Andre got in between Jade and I, breaking up our argument. "Guys, stop fighting!"

"We weren't fighting. We were ar-" Jade began.

"I don't care what you guys were doing; I just want you to stop."

Jade and I both sighed. "Fine."

"Why don't we go inside now?" Robbie suggested.

"You mean inside of our school?" Jade questioned, "Yuck, I hate school!"

"Come on, let's just go," Beck egged Jade as he, Andre, Robbie, Rex, and I started to head towards the school building.

"Ugghhh, fine," Jade grunted as she reluctantly followed us, "I'm coming."

Just as we were about to open the front doors, I felt like something was missing. I looked back at my friends and realized that there actually was. Someone was missing. Cat.

"Hey, where's Cat?" I asked Andre, Beck, Jade, Rex, and Robbie.

"What do you mean, 'where's Cat?' " Robbie questioned, giving me a confused look.

"I mean, why isn't she here yet? She usually shows up to school early and is already here by now!"

"What are you talking about, Tori? Cat hasn't been here for a really long time."

"Huh? For how long?"

Beck, Andre, Jade, Robbie, and Rex all thought for a moment.

"A little over a year," Beck finally answered.

"What are you guys talking about? She was here last Friday!"

"No, she wasn't."

"Yes, she was!"