29.

' when i say i'm back, i mean it this time. this is a longer chapter than usual and i think it's one of the more exciting chapters i've wrote. or at least, i hope you guys can feel the excitement. please enjoy! once again, not proof read. HAHA

--

Jihyo wasn't as ignorant or innocent like they thought she was. She knew what's going on and she knew that Jeongyeon, Jinyoung and even Taecyeon were tired. They were all just putting on a strong front for her even though it's her father who did all these to them. Even when she's just an outsider.

She lifted her head from her hands which were tightly clasped around Jaebum's, a sad smile forming on her lips.

"You really found yourself a real family, Jaebum." Jihyo whispered as tears welled up in her eyes. How lonely had it been for him before he met these friends? Even back then when they were studying, Jihyo never tried to understand him deeply; she thought she did but in fact, she didn't. Thinking back about it, she really did act like a spoilt princess and he's always okay with it. She even got the cheek to get mad at him for breaking up with her.

Jihyo scoffed at her own thoughts.

"All these while, you were protecting me." Jihyo stood up but her gaze was still on the unconscious Jaebum. "This time, I will protect you."

With those words, she left the room and headed to where she thought Taecyeon would be in.

"Are you very sure about this?" Jeongyeon sat down in front of her and asked after Taecyeon filled her and Jinyoung with Jihyo's decision.

Jihyo looked at her then up at Jinyoung who's standing behind Jeongyeon with his arms folded. She recognised that expression, it was the same expression Taecyeon had earlier when she told him.

Like Jaebum, they didn't want her involved but she's not the spoilt princess as she was before now.

"I'm sure." Jihyo gave them a firm nod. "You guys might think that I'm oblivious or is still the spoilt princess—" She caught the apologetic faces of the other three and laughed. "Don't feel sorry, I indeed was but I don't want to be one anymore. I want to help you. I want to..." Jihyo took in a deep breath and continued. "I want to help you bring my father and Jaebum's uncle down. And you've got to admit it, I'm the one who would be able to make getting information easier."

Taecyeon, Jinyoung and Jeongyeon stayed silence for a while, taking in Jihyo's words which honestly took them by surprise. But at the same time, their brain was working too.

"You guys already had some plans, right?" Jihyo asked and once again, the others were stunned. They did discuss about it before.

"Well..." Jeongyeon started hesitantly but Taecyeon beat her to it.

"Welcome to our team then, Jihyo!" The man smiled. "But there's no rush yet; there are a lot more things we need before we can have you involved."

Jihyo returned the smile; this time, it's a smile filled with determination.

And thus, while Sunmi's side was hectic, Taecyeon's side didn't get to rest either. They needed more evidence, more details and a new program which means, more work for Taecyeon and Jeongyeon. Although it ended up becoming all on Jeongyeon since Taecyeon's needed on the other side. Which was why Jinyoung ended up being the one as a messenger and along with Jihyo, he had to take care of Jaebum.

Until one day, things had to be on hold when they received that message from Bambam.

"Jisung woke up."

When Nayeon reached the empty store, she spotted Jinyoung and Jeongyeon running towards it too. It seemed like they'd all received the same message. It's been a while she had seen Jeongyeon and she could tell that the latter hadn't been resting much. The eye bags and weight loss gave them all away.