25.

"What do you mean it's more than just a program?" Mark hurried into the basement and stopped in front of Sunmi. "Explain."

"Not everyone's here ye—"

"Everyone's here." Jinyoung's voice echoed in the basement as he took big steps towards the group huddled together with Jeongyeon following closely behind. "So explain."

Taecyeon and Sunmi then proceeded to explain that Bambam was the one who triggered the memory that Sunmi which she had a hard time remember since it was years ago.

"Where are you bringing me to?" Sunmi struggled as the two men in black held both her arms and pushed her to continue walking. She looked around the place, it was similar like the basement Taecyeon and her had built. Except that it's bigger and there's this long corridor where she's walking through now.

This is a secret underground working place.

Her guess was correct when she was led into a room. There were computers and different machine attached everywhere. But what caught her attention was the young boy tied against a chair. He wasn't conscious at all and it was obvious that he had been beaten up. He's definitely not in a good shape.

"What did you do to him?"

None of the men in the room answered her question. She turned to look at the young boy again. He looked no older than Bambam who's turning 14 that year.

Wait a minute— Sunmi stared at the boy for a while more; despite all the injuries and bruises, his features were still distinct. She let out a gasp, remembering where she saw the boy. It was the little boy in the family photo Mark had once showed her and Taecyeon. He might have grown but it's definitely the same boy in the photograph.

"Oh my— fuck." She cursed under her breath.

"Welcome, Miss Lee." A deep voice came from behind her; Sunmi turned around and saw a middle aged man in a suit walking towards her.

"Do you like this place?"

"No." That was her straight reply which wasn't a lie. This place just smelled like danger to her.

"Then I will advice you to learn to appreciate it." The man smiled but there was an obvious "I'm a bad guy" hint in that smile. "Because this will be your work place from now on."

"And what makes you think that I will want to work for you!"

"Show her." The man ordered and one of the men beside her nodded. The next thing Sunmi saw was an image from a hologram. In the hologram, she could see a familiar building. It's where they lived but soon, what caught her attention was the snipers on the rooftop from the buildings around where they lived. "You get what I mean now?"

"Leave them alone." Sunmi shouted and threw the man a glare.

"Then make your decision." Sunmi took another glance at the hologram again then let out a sigh of defeat as her face fell in despair. Even though she'd hesitated, she still agreed. "You're a smart girl." The man smirked and walked pass her, towards the unconscious boy. "I see you've met our newest experiment. He was sold to us by his aunt who's heavy in debt. We had managed to get rid of this boy's human needs but he still couldn't be in my control and that's where I will need your help."

"What do you want me to do? I'm no scientist."

"But you're a genius when it comes to technology."

"I wouldn't dare accept this compliment." Sunmi scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I want you to come up with a program and a chip small enough for us to inject into his body."