05.

With everyone in the basement watching him, Jaebum assured his mom through the phone for a short while before he ended the call.

"My father's in the hospital. I have to go."

"Did his condition get worse?" Taecyeon asked as he stepped towards him from Bambam's back.

"I'm not sure but it's too sudden." Jaebum answered his question with a blank expression.

"Are you suspecting that it might be a murder?"

"Again, I'm not sure." Jaebum muttered as he put on his coat. "Let's go, Jeongyeon."

"Yes boss." Out of her own habit, she said even though he had told her that's it's not needed when they're not in the company.

Taecyeon watched as the male and female went up the staircase of the basement before he shared a glance with the other two.

"Bambam, go with them." He instructed which Bambam nodded in understanding as a response before he went after them. "Mark, hack into the system of the hospital Jaebum's father is at."

When Jaebum arrived at the hospital with Jeongyeon and Bambam in tow, there was already a big group outside the private room where his father was staying at and Jaebum found the scene sickening. These old men were probably here not because of concern but to see if anything would happen to his father then they would try to pull him out from the chairman position.

Among them, Im Jongmin was there; Jaebum's face darkened even more at the sight of him, almost sure that it had something to do with this uncle of his. Before he could step forward, Bambam and Jeongyeon held onto his arm on each side.

"Calm down." Jeongyeon spoke in a hushed whisper, taking a glance at the crowd in front of them briefly. "We have no proof."

Jaebum turned to look at his assistant then to Bambam on the other side before he let out a sigh of defeat.

"I know, I won't do anything stupid."

Jaebum didn't say much after as he strode towards the group; his mother was the first one to notice him and she had collapsed into his only son's arms.

"It was my fault." She cried in her panic state, "I shouldn't have left the room. The nurse told me someone wanted to speak to me and I just- He just..."

Jaebum shared a quick glance with his two companions; all three of them finding the whole thing more and more suspicious.

"Father will be alright." That was the only thing he could say to assure his mother as he patted her back gently. A lie perhaps, because until the doctor confirmed that his condition is stable, Jaebum could never be sure of it.

Jaebum stayed by his mother side throughout the wait while Jeongyeon and Bambam stood by the side of the room, quietly watching every move of Im Jongmin. They had received a message from Mark just earlier - a clip from the hospital CCTV which showed a suspicious man dressed as a nurse entering the room where Jaebum's father was at.

That confirmed their suspicions of it being a murder attempt but not knowing what Jaebum would do, they also knew that he couldn't have any knowledge of that at the current moment.

Not soon after, three people walked up towards the small crowd - an older looking man in a suit, a young long-haired female and a man in black following behind.

"Jisoo!" The older man called out which caught the attention of not only Jaebum and his mother. Jeongyeon and Bambam had both straightened themselves too. It was the chairman of KC Telecom himself, Park Sangwon.