14.

They had thought that the IP address and location would remain the same after Bambam stopped his impulsive act. However, after days of observations, they realised that Bambam might not be the reason the IP addresses kept changing. They had assumed that it was because of the hacking but after another few days, they realised that they could be wrong about that too.

"Is the IP address still the same today?" Jaebum asked as he stepped into the truck container.

"Boss." Jeongyeon who was working on her computer wanted to stand up but Jaebum gestured for her to stay seated as he sat on an empty chair.

"It's still the same," Mark answered Jaebum's question. "It's been days and it stayed like that."

"Shouldn't we at least check it out?"

"That's rare from you, boss." Jeongyeon looked up from her screen. "I thought you would ask if it's a trap since the address is where the charity ball will be held."

"Wait." It took Jaebum a second to take in what Jeongyeon had said. "It is?"

"If you checked it you will know that it is." Bambam stated simply.

"I'm sorry I'm not a technology expert like all of you here." Jaebum scoffed in a sarcastic manner. "Besides, none of you mention about this."

"That's the reason why I called you and Jinyoung over today." Taecyeon stood up and crossed his arms. "But let's wait for him first."

"I don't think you have to wait long," Udon shouted from the front and the truck came to a stop which Jinyoung got on in that short moment.

Now that everyone's present, they stopped what they were doing and focused their attention on Taecyeon instead, knowing that the man had a plan in mind.

"We are infiltrating the venue." That was Taecyeon's short but clear announcement which left the younger people speechless for a while. Before anyone could even make any response, he continued. "Jaebum, I know you are thinking if this was a trap and I have to admit, I've thought about that. It's not a coincidence; it's not a by chance situation either. They are holding the ball and right before that, Sunmi's coding appeared. It meant something."

"What does it—" Jinyoung wanted to ask but Mark answered his incomplete question, cutting him off.

"It means that they're trying to figure all of us out." Mark crossed his arms and leaned his back against the chair. "We're not using their security software; we hide our IP addresses and we were able to break into their IT security. Now, they had found a weakness, they would try to beat us all down at once."

"Then why are we doing this?" Jaebum frowned and everyone could tell that he's disagreeing to the idea after that analysis. "Wouldn't that make it more dangerous?"

"We would need a plan," Taecyeon answered Jaebum immediately. "And I know the charity ball has a masquerade theme."

"Are you telling the others to blend in with the crowd?" Jaebum questioned again, the tone in his voice still full of doubts.

"That is exactly what I'm telling all of you to do." Taecyeon replied with an emphasis on the word 'exactly'.

"But not everyone will be in the venue," Bambam added on quickly when he noticed the frown on Jaebum's forehead deepening. "Taecyeon, Mark and I will be outside with Udon. The truck is too big so we have to get a van."

Mark and Taecyeon nodded in agreement as their gaze shifted to Jaebum's figure and along with Bambam, they stared at the young CEO. Feeling like their gaze was burning through him, Jaebum sighed.