08.

It took Jeongyeon a while for her to react. Despite her already guessing what had happened, she still went around their small apartment, calling out for her mother and sister.

"It's okay, they will be okay." She chanted under her breath, trying to calm herself down as she brushed her hair back in frustration. However, she couldn't control the shaking of her own hands when she picked her mobile phone up from the table.

Her fingers hovered on the screen which had Jaebum's number on it. He was the first person that came to her mind since he was the one who brought her into the team. However, instead of tapping on the call button, she went back to her contact list and searched for Nayeon's name instead.

Her boss had enough to worry about.

"Hello!" Nayeon's cheery voice came from the other side of the phone, completely unaware of the situation Jeongyeon's in.

However, when Jeongyeon didn't make a response, Nayeon started to worry a little. Usually whenever she picked up her call, Jeongyeon would start questioning if she's safe and if she tried to escape again.

"Jeongyeon?"

For another brief moment, only Jeongyeon's heavy breathing could be heard.

"Are you okay?"

"Nayeon..." Jeongyeon finally started, a breath hitching slightly as she managed to utter out the next two words. "I'm scared..."

Nayeon sat up and put down the pen she was holding on. Noticing that she had gone quiet, Mark from the other side of the cafe shifted his attention from his cup noodle to her. When their eyes met, Mark got up from his chair and walked up to where Nayeon was.

"Where are you? We can head over—"

"No..." Jeongyeon managed to utter out, cutting off Nayeon's suggestion. "This place might be watched, come pick me up with the truck. I will send you an address."

Nayeon met her eyes with Mark's again after the call, which the latter seemed to sense that something's up.

"What's wrong?"

"Jeongyeon didn't say much but she's scared." Nayeon stood up from her seat. "Should we call the rest? I will make up some excuse for my family."

"Are you kids going out?" The sudden question from Nayeon's mother behind them made Nayeon let out a yelp of surprise.

"Don't sneak up like this!" Nayeon exclaimed, placing a hand on her chest as she spoke. "But yes, I think we have to head out for a while. Don't deduct Mark's pay, please?"

"It's not even his working hours." Nayeon's mother spoke in a matter of fact way. "He's just here because you're here. Have you still not accepted him?"

Clearing her throat, Nayeon took a quick glance at Mark who's standing by the side and looking totally unbothered by the assumption made by her mother.

"It's not what you think..." Nayeon started but trailed off. Her mother wouldn't believe her anyway.

"Nayeon." Mark interrupted the conversation and held up his phone which showed an incoming call from Bambam.

Knowing that something might really be happening, Nayeon turned back to face her mother.

"We have to go. I won't be back late, don't worry!" Nayeon grabbed her own jacket that was resting on the table then muttered under her breath. "Hopefully."

"Have fun on your date!" Nayeon's mother waved which Nayeon rolled her eyes as a response.

"I told you it's not like that!"