(6) Daycare In The Dark

You couldn't tell if you were being pessimistic about the whole scenario with Moon, but you only wanted more details to know what the animatronic's intentions were. He could have totally been trying to murder you, but it was, fortunately, a failed attempt. Or perhaps it had been a sincere hug and you were going about it in all the wrong ways.

Your thoughts swapped back and forth, how sweet of the animatronic! How cruel and grotesque of the animatronic! On one side Moon could have easily been trying to give you a playful hug, on the other he could have been trying to kill you via his crucial strength.

Thinking about the very being as you followed it. Trusting the animatronic who was leading you through the Pizzaplex to a sealed-off place, far away from anyone who could help you. Where your screams and cries would be muffled with no chance to escape.

It wasn't like you'd have a chance if you could reach out to anyone anyway. The animatronic had better physical attributes than any human. What could anyone do for you if this thing decided that outright killing you would be a fun experience?

Or even if he was bugged. No one would be able to stop a feral animatronic, the best thing anyone could do was hide. Hide and hope that the animatronic wasn't combing through every small space and corner.

These thoughts made you uneasy, you couldn't imagine such a thing happening, but it sure was possible. Your newfound fear was easily justified, and yet it still made you feel guilty. The thing you were scared of was the same thing you were trusting, hoping it wasn't a sadistic maniac.

Instead, you decided to try an icebreaker, some sort of conversation to peel your mind away from the subject. "Y'know, Moon... I'm curious about the grudge Shelby holds against you." You prodded, referring to the maintenance routines Shelby had complained about earlier that same day.

"A grudge? I was not aware of such a thing." Moon looked over his shoulder, eyes sparking with confusion at your words. You realized you had been too vague with your sentence and had worried Moon of an entirely different problem.

"I meant for maintenance; she says you're a pain in the ass." You explained, readjusting the direction of the conversation.

Moon slowed down his pace to let you keep up as he faced forward, "Maintenance isn't a... It is not a thing I want to make habitable." Moon answered, picking up a fancier tone of voice.

Moon's eyes flicked back to you as you walked beside him, hands clasped behind his back. "And your foul language, it is unacceptable with such little motivation for usage." You swore you could see his eyes narrow as he warned you of your consistency to swear.

You rolled your eyes at his fancy reply, completely blowing his words off. "Right, Right, whatever you say Mr. Daycare Attendant."

Moon rolled his eyes as he noticed your lack of acknowledgment but nevertheless continued onward to the painted garage door. Really the only part of the daycare you had seen, and to be truthful, that wasn't part of the daycare in any way. It might as well be referred to as a wall blocking the threshold to the interior.

You two continued to walk, and you began to realize you were much farther from the daycare than you originally thought. The ache of your feet coming back to you, only getting worse, bit by bit each passing step.

It was consuming your mind as you wordlessly followed Moon. Well, wordlessly until he broke the silence. "Y/n, Question, how do you call a cat with no legs?" Moon asked, general curiosity tipping the edge of his voice as that fancier tone of his was dropped.

This was the moment the two of you finally met with the garage door, Moon seemed to wave at the little black ticket pass on the wall. The indicator flicked from red to green within a heartbeat of the action.