(12) A Gift with my Own Time

After playing around for quite a while, you decided on yet another game called 'Princess Quest.' You had noticed it before, but it hadn't necessarily caught your eyes then. But now, it did. You took into account that there was a large roman numeral after the title which to you signified that there was a second. The second was, however, out of your sight.

"Looks to me like someone is having a fantastic time!" You recognized that voice almost instantly, the low octave pitching, the weird formality, it was very animatronic that had recommended such activity to you.

You whipped your head around to look at the animatronic sitting atop an arcade machine. A little too stunned to say anything from the sudden appearance, you just stared. Moon's leg was propped up on the machine bringing his knee to his chest, his hand propping up his faceplate.

"Well? Do you happen to be having a good time?" Moon's faceplate tilted in question, already aware of your answer. Moon leaned just a little more forward, red pupils following your every micromovement.

You huffed at Moon's cockiness to even ask, you knew for a fact that he knew, it was just the way he spoke that gave it away. "No, no I'm not." It was all you could think of to not let him have the spontaneous satisfaction of being right, but you didn't let him continue onward with teasing you, you had other questions on your mind. "Hey, I thought it was too bright for you?" You squinted your eyes in suspicion at the large animatronic.

"Good question, it does happen to be prime time for me, that would be 11:55 to the end of midnight." Moon explained as he pointed at what you assumed to be the large purple tunnels and decorative lighting around the cylindrical walls. "The main lights go down during this time, allowing me to traverse anywhere I please."

"That makes... A little sense." You admitted, sure you understood that Moon probably wanted to remain in control and probably wanted to do what he wanted, but why did the lights go down at midnight? And was Moon really able to go anywhere he wanted to?

Moon, however, did not let your misunderstanding go under, "What happens to be... confusing?" You wanted to ask away, but you also didn't. You wanted answers, but you also weren't in the mood to hear them explained and answered.

"It's just, do you really have access to the entire Pizzaplex?" Sure, it wasn't the big question, but you were feeling a tad bit lazy. You were also antsy to get your prize, you couldn't get it if you were caught in a long explanation provided by Moon.

"Indeed, I do, it is absolutely necessary to have as the main Security Protocol," Moon answered pointing to himself with a clawed finger. You had to admit it did make sense, but that also led to another question, how violent was the animatronic allowed to get?

You shook the question off deciding it was better not knowing what brutal horrors the animatronic you were taking a liking to was capable of. You turned back to Princess Quest, inserting the needed coins into the slot.

Right as you pressed play Moon started rambling again. "What have you decided on playing? Any favorites?" A darker-themed world, a glow-in-the-dark princess, and an older man.

"I've been sticking with the classics, not a fan of the games requiring 'luck.'" You rolled your eyes at the thought of playing those games, they were known worldwide for scamming people, it was a wonder that they were still around to this day.

"Luck? What purpose does luck serve?" Moon asked unaware of your sarcasm, which had been essential to understanding the meaning behind your words.

"I meant the ones that are almost impossible to win, Wheel of Fortune, Claw Machines, those." You pointed out as you continued to learn the controls of the games before you.